Well, here is a quote from Goerge Bush's top evangelist.

Billy Graham is (was) probably the most respected evalangest in modern times. He didn't belong to Bush but attended to every US President since Eisenhower.

Graham has preached in person to more people around the world than anyone who has ever lived.[2] As of 1993, more than 2.5 million people had stepped forward at his crusades to "accept Jesus Christ as their personal saviour."[3] As of 2002, Graham's lifetime audience, including radio and television broadcasts, topped two billion.[2]

Does that mean that whoever has the most boring clergy gets elected?

Does that mean that whoever has the most boring clergy gets elected?

Yes :) :) But you will not fall asleep in any of either Graham's or Write's sermans.

I wonder if any candidate that admits to avoiding church visits would have any chance in hell (sorry!) to get elected?

I wonder if any candidate that admits to avoiding church visits would have any chance in hell (sorry!) to get elected?

Probably not -- we are still a nation of church-goers and every candidate must win them over in order to get elected.

So the US candidate not only has to go to church, but the right church too!

I understand going to church in the US is one good tax deduction possibility.

the majority (~85%) of white english people do not go to church

So the US candidate not only has to go to church, but the right church too!

No, I didn't say that. Most any church or other religious place of warship will do. Doesn't really matter what religion either.

I understand going to church in the US is one good tax deduction possibility.

Not the going to church, but giving $$$ (there is an upper limit) to them is tax deductable as charitable contribution.

the majority (~85%) of white english people do not go to church

In the US its about 40% who are regular church goers. Link. A political candidate who loses that many people will probably also lose the election.

Well, at least remember the Chicago phrase:
Vote early, vote often!

Heh,heh - dying wish - bury me in Chicago so I can continue to vote for the Democrats.

we had a woman president decades upon decades ago - margret thatcher

I remember something about the UK gu'm'ent finally got rid of that mystery meat/gristle that the lowest bidder was peddling in the schools - congrats! Did you have to eat any of that?

Wonder if these extra votes come from above or below?

school dinners were pretty bad , yeah.

Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey are members of the same Chicago church. Maybe that's why the right wingers are so nasty about this church?

Weekly broadcasts of the church's Sunday service are carried across the US on TV One on Sundays at 7:30 a.m. EST.

Going to church is much more of a social event in the US compared to some other countries. Taking a community face bath (being seen) on Sunday is important. A must for politicians and sales people.

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.
-- the iron Lady Margaret Thatcher

i have heard of everyone except Ron Paul... anyone care to give a quick summary of his positions?

thank you

In a nut shell, an interestng character:
Ron Paul started his carreer as a U.S. Air Force flight surgeon.
He represented Texas in the U.S. House of Representatives for many years.
He is a registered Republican with Libertarian ideals.
He advocates a foreign policy of nonintervention.
He favors withdrawal from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the United Nations.
He has long advocated ending the federal income tax.
He wants to lower government spending, and abolishing most federal agencies.
He wants to remove military bases and troops from foreign soil.
He opposes the Patriot Act, the War on Drugs, and gun control.
He is strongly pro-life (anti-abortion).

commented: very nice nut shell +8

Very nice nut shell for Ron Paul!

Since Lardmeister did such good job on Ron Paul, I came up with a nut shell for John McCain:
John McCain started as a naval aviator.
He was shot down, badly injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese in 1967.
He was released from prison in 1973.
He served in the U.S. House of Representatives representing Arizona.
He served in the U.S. Senate from 1986 to now as a senator from Arizona.
He was rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for poor judgment in the Keating affair.
He was named chairman of Veterans for George H. W. Bush the elder.
He lost the Republican nomination in 2000 to George W. Bush the younger.
He attacked pork barrel spending within Congress.
He proposing legislation to increase cigarette taxes.
He is a strong proponent of comprehensive immigration reform.
He supported the Bush tax cut extension.
He introduced the McCain Detainee Amendment against torture of prisoners.
He supports pro-life (anti-abortion), capital punishment, mandatory sentencing, private school vouchers, and welfare reform.

Wow Zoe, very nice write about John McCain.

Watching McCain on TV, is this man lacking from coherence? He seems to mix up his Iraq and Iran items and needs to be corrected by invided people around him.

Wow Zoe, very nice write about John McCain.

Watching McCain on TV, is this man lacking from coherence? He seems to mix up his Iraq and Iran items and needs to be corrected by invided people around him.

Aren't you glad we have Senator Lieberman around to whisper in his ear?

What is it with picking flyboys for president? We had Bush the Elder (flew for the Navy against Japan), then Bush the Younger (flew for the Texas Guard), and now it looks like we are going to get Bush the Imitator (flew for the Navy against Vietnam).

You have to go all the way back to FDR to get to a president without some sort of military background. All of the presidents since then were military officers -- not one of them was enlisted. James Buchanan was the only enlisted president ever (private in war of 1812). DD Eisenhower had the longest and most distingished military career -- 5 star general who served from 1915-1954. It took an act of congress to allow him to retire so that he could become president, and then he was reinstated after his terms expired.

Link

[/edit]Oops! didn't notice that Bill Clinton didn't have any military background [/edit]

Ronald Reagan joined the military, but was so nearsighted that he could only take office or PR jobs. Most of the US Presidents after FDR served in the US Navy.

It's getting tough, Hillary just announced that she is willing to whipe all of Iran of the map.

I was contemplating selling my car so I could buy petrol for it. Now John McCain promisses to lower the price. I will vote for him!

Most of the US Presidents after FDR served in the US Navy.

Looks like the Navy has the most educated staff amongst all the services. John McCain seems to have the best credentials then.

It's getting tough, Hillary just announced that she is willing to whipe all of Iran of the map.

I was contemplating selling my car so I could buy petrol for it. Now John McCain promisses to lower the price. I will vote for him!

Not if Iran wipes us off the map first :)

Not if Iran wipes us off the map first :)

I don't think Snee needs any petrol if Iran whipes us off the map!

On the republican front:
Nearly 64% of the American public are concerned about John McCain's age. McCain says he is too old to comment on this.

On the democratic front:
While 10% of Americans incorrectly believe Obama is Muslim, the remaining 90% correctly believe his blood can cure cancer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.