The bigwigs with their big salaries actually make the company poor. They in turn take this money to buy another BMW, or hire an illegal to do the cleaning and cooking in their estate.

Zuh? That doesn't make sense. I admit I haven't yet looked over Dave Sinkula's links, but what you just said doesn't even make common sense. If the 'bigwigs' are getting their funds from the company, then it would stand to reason that they'd try their hardest to keep the company profitable - they'll obtain more if they take a smaller portion, but of a bigger pie (multi-year earnings) than what you seem to be suggesting. I believe the appropriate cliche'd phrase here would be "Don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs."

To believe that the (hypothetical) 'bigwigs' would act as you imply attributes to them a short-sightedness I can't reconcile with their actually having obtained their (hypothetical) positions in the first place.

Rudy's out.

Rudy was out long ago - he just didn't realize it.

Zuh? That doesn't make sense. I admit I haven't yet looked over Dave Sinkula's links, but what you just said doesn't even make common sense. If the 'bigwigs' are getting their funds from the company, then it would stand to reason that they'd try their hardest to keep the company profitable - they'll obtain more if they take a smaller portion, but of a bigger pie (multi-year earnings) than what you seem to be suggesting. I believe the appropriate cliche'd phrase here would be "Don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs."

To believe that the (hypothetical) 'bigwigs' would act as you imply attributes to them a short-sightedness I can't reconcile with their actually having obtained their (hypothetical) positions in the first place.

I think she is talking about the guys from Enron, Global Crossing, MCI etc. etc. They could simply decide their own bonuses and skimmed any money that would normally go into the company's rainy day fund. Also look at the money given to low rated CEOs on the way out (Pfizer, Qwest etc.), insane!

With McCain more and more the leader in the race, the 'Keating Five Scandal' will raise its ugly head again. Here is some good information:
http://www.slate.com/id/1004633/

It shows that McCain is not a crook.

I think she is talking about the guys from Enron, Global Crossing, MCI etc. etc. They could simply decide their own bonuses and skimmed any money that would normally go into the company's rainy day fund. Also look at the money given to low rated CEOs on the way out (Pfizer, Qwest etc.), insane!

I'll have to look up the Global Crossing and MCI references, but in the case of Enron, some of what I've seen leads me to believe the loudness-generating problem wasn't that the guys in charge chose to cash in (Enron's stock appears to have undergone a hyperinflation of its own, which had to stop eventually), but that they didn't tell their employees in time to let them in on the act. Some of what I've read indicates that most of the employees had invested heavily in the company stock, despite other investment options made available to them. If I am in error on this, please direct me to the evidence thereof. And please note that I don't consider news reports that basically boil down to 'Ken Lay BAD!' to be valid evidence.

Ann Coulter is quoted as saying:
"I rather vote for Hillary Clinton than John McCain!"

Ann Coulter is quoted as saying:
"I rather vote for Hillary Clinton than John McCain!"

But then, Ann Coulter is a waste of oxygen, so it doesn't really matter I guess...

Ann Coulter is a highly respected spokesperson for the ultra conservatives in the US, an author of many good books, and a frequently invited visitor to the White House.

Ann Coulter is a highly respected spokesperson for the ultra conservatives in the US, an author of many good books, and a frequently invited visitor to the White House.

I don't dispute any of that except for the "highly respected" part.

Ann Coulter is running second to Rush Limbaugh.

"John McCain, the leading Republican in the primary field right now, is attacking economics on the basis of class envy. That's the kind of stuff that just rubs me raw, folks."
-- classic Rush

I don't dispute any of that except for the "highly respected" part.

Depends on how you define respect. Ann Coulter's two main abilities in the arena of respect are: 1) The ability to articulate what a fair number of conservatives tend to think, and 2) The ability to seriously unhinge ticked off liberals. For some reason, that brings the image of a vampire being shown a mirror to my thoughts...

Depends on how you define respect. Ann Coulter's two main abilities in the arena of respect are: 1) The ability to articulate what a fair number of conservatives tend to think,

She may articulate what many conservatives think, but the majority of them would certainly have more tact in the phrasing and in some of her more extreme cases they would never voice those opinions aloud. (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter)

and 2) The ability to seriously unhinge ticked off liberals. For some reason, that brings the image of a vampire being shown a mirror to my thoughts...

Yes, she certainly can do that. Though doing it in such a "political shock-jock", "high-toned bitch" manner, she also offends more than just the "ticked off liberals".

Well, now. I did my civic duty tonight and voted in my first caucus.
:icon_cheesygrin:

Congrats! :)

Depends on how you define respect. Ann Coulter's two main abilities in the arena of respect are: 1) The ability to articulate what a fair number of conservatives tend to think, and 2) The ability to seriously unhinge ticked off liberals. For some reason, that brings the image of a vampire being shown a mirror to my thoughts...

It to me means that she's someone I can respect. Anyone who voices my ideas well enough to seriously p**s off leftists is someone who gets my approval :)

P.S. McCain has been exposed as having actively collaborated with the North Vietnamese and Soviets during the Vietnam war: http://radiopatriot.blogspot.com/2008/02/spooks-from-past.html
He may not have gotten a medal from them like John Kerry, but he got some prostitutes so I guess he got the better deal (given that both were young men at the time...).

McCain is a very old man, he is bound to have very old skeletons in his closet, so what? He acts like a leader, that is all that counts, and is exactly what the country needs right now.

I dunno... The president should do more than act like a leader, but unfortunately the only way to determine their suitability is to put them in the chair. They should give each candidate a small state. Put them in charge for a while and see what happens.
But McCain is about a hundred.

I dunno... The president should do more than act like a leader, but unfortunately the only way to determine their suitability is to put them in the chair. They should give each candidate a small state. Put them in charge for a while and see what happens.
But McCain is about a hundred.

We have elected governors of states in the past. This time it looks like it will be a choice of just Senators (Washington insiders) and most likely politics as usual. More wars, more debt, hidden taxes, flipper jobs, oh my! Voters are a stupid lot! Yawn yawn ...

Romney's gone.

So we're now assured that a Democrat wins in 2008 -- there are no Republicans running!

What gives? I thought that old McCain was a Republican? He would be old enough to be one.

Romney's gone.

So we're now assured that a Democrat wins in 2008 -- there are no Republicans running!

Wow, I hadn't heard that yet. That's going to cause quite a stir.

You got a link, Dave?

McCain is just too blasted old to be President, if elected the chances are very good that he won't live his 4-year term. He should be in a nursing home with lots of pretty nurses not in the WH.

McCain is just too blasted old to be President, if elected the chances are very good that he won't live his 4-year term. He should be in a nursing home with lots of pretty nurses not in the WH.

He seems to be short on breath everytime he gives a speech. Maybe that's why he likes wars so much, he is too old to be in it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.