Hi

i got a website but as i was creating it i found that i would have so many pages. Is there a possibilty to say have one real template and a database and depending on what you click on on the main page it will load the details from the database to website?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hmmm ya i heard of it. But dont have time right now to learn it so will later

so would there be anyone who could help me do it? maybe say using a speadsheet or something?

Is there a possibilty to say have one real template and a database and depending on what you click on on the main page it will load the details from the database to website?

you can do this thing using any server side scripting language.
-take main template
-put variables in place where content will vary
-according to requirement take value from database
-assign those values to variables as needed
-you will gate the required page.

sesee thats what i dont know yet, so was wondering if you could provide a little aid there?
Its not a lot of data
thanks

anyone can?

why don't you use a CMS? there are a lot of (free) solutions out there ... for example Drupal, Joomla, Mambo ...

There is no short cut. If you don't have time to learn, then give the job to some one else who has time. You can't do coding without knowing what you are doing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.