Hi,
At the end of this year I will graduate as an IT'er. This week I've been asked to join a doctoral project next year. The professors told me an IT-doctorate is a practical doctorate so I'll still have the opportunity to step into the business world. So I want to ask professional IT'ers if this is true. And what job opportunities do doctors in IT have?
Thanks in advance, and kind regards,
Wouter

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

IMHO PhD in IT with no experience in the real world will look like on the one hand as an overqualified for beginner positions, and too little experience for advanced positions. Lose-lose situation.
Most people start working with a BSc, and continue studying while thay are working. mybe the studies don't go as fast, but experience is gaining, and career paths are much more clear

it depends on where you are going to join PhD, after PhD mostly you'll get research kind of job, but that also depends on your capability.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.