I am a novice with websites. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need help managing my website. I want to set up an automatic email, e-commerce, and learn how to do it myself or hire someone to do the things I can't do. Any suggestions? Any website other than here that can offer advice and support that you trust? Thanks for any suggestions.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi emestman, it will help us help you if you tell us what technologies your site uses (if you know), that way we can help accordingly. Hope this helps.

No, I don't know what technology I am using. It is a template from MS Frontpage. Sorry.

hi emestman, try using open source engine like wordpress you can download and use it for free. U just need to follow the instruction to install it in your server.

Open source is definitely the way to go.

We have developed with osCommerce for many years, however due to its interminable development progress (its now VERY long in the tooth) we have redeveloped it and will soon be releasing it as an open source (GPL) project.

If you would like to be kept up to date with development and the impending release, feel free to drop me a PM with your email address.

Here is a preview of one of our projects using the new codebase (in development):

http://www.suomedia.com/ghm/

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.