Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vegaseat
Featured Replies

My mother is 82 now and walks about 4 miles a day. When she was 76 she took the Grand Canyon tour, walking down into the canyon then down deeper into the area where there is a village, then walked back out (talking all the time, I am sure). She … Read More

lol I am not that active now (and im early 20's)

Get away from that computer and move your a** to avoid problems in later life :) Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

I've heard that several times before -- a glass of wine a day will keep the doctor away, but it only works for small amounts of alcohol. Getting plastered every day is not good for you.

Get away from that computer and move your a** to avoid problems in later life :) Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

Lol you are quite right!

Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

I walk for an hour to college, 4 times a day maximum

thats a max of 20 hours a week

(and then i walk about an hour and a half to work on saturday and sunday)

thats 23 hours a week max

i have wasted nearly a whole day walking in just one week!!!

I walk for an hour to college, 4 times a day maximum

thats a max of 20 hours a week

(and then i walk about an hour and a half to work on saturday and sunday)

thats 23 hours a week max

i have wasted nearly a whole day walking in just one week!!!

If you would run, you would waste less time. :)

My mother is 82 now and walks about 4 miles a day. When she was 76 she took the Grand Canyon tour, walking down into the canyon then down deeper into the area where there is a village, then walked back out (talking all the time, I am sure). She lives in Bozeman, MT and has climbed all the peaks between Bozeman and Yellowstone. Two hip and one knee replacements have slowed her down. I can only hope to be as active as I get older.

Votes + Comments
Good for your mother :)

Never too old to ... ?
Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up.
-- George Burns

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.