teach exercise classes at the W

Just saw this on TV local news. What an inspiration -- hope I'm that active at her age :)

The instructor is Louise Larsen and she's 90 years old!

"She loves teaching. She loves fitness," says
Kirkwood YMCA manager Diane Wagner. "She just has so much exuberance for everything that she does."

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

lol I am not that active now (and im early 20's)

lol I am not that active now (and im early 20's)

Get away from that computer and move your a** to avoid problems in later life :) Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

I've heard that several times before -- a glass of wine a day will keep the doctor away, but it only works for small amounts of alcohol. Getting plastered every day is not good for you.

Get away from that computer and move your a** to avoid problems in later life :) Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

Lol you are quite right!

Spend at least an hour a day, 5 days a week doing good physical exertises.

I walk for an hour to college, 4 times a day maximum

thats a max of 20 hours a week

(and then i walk about an hour and a half to work on saturday and sunday)

thats 23 hours a week max

i have wasted nearly a whole day walking in just one week!!!

I walk for an hour to college, 4 times a day maximum

thats a max of 20 hours a week

(and then i walk about an hour and a half to work on saturday and sunday)

thats 23 hours a week max

i have wasted nearly a whole day walking in just one week!!!

If you would run, you would waste less time. :)

i had a bike but to get there i have to cross some rather dangerous roads and i dont want to die

Walking is never a waste of time -- it keeps you physically fit. After I graduated from HS I got my first job about a mile from where I lived and walked to/from work. Lost 30 lbs in just a few months doing that :)

I can relate to that Ancient Dragon, I have a dog! Walking is no stranger to me!

My mother is 82 now and walks about 4 miles a day. When she was 76 she took the Grand Canyon tour, walking down into the canyon then down deeper into the area where there is a village, then walked back out (talking all the time, I am sure). She lives in Bozeman, MT and has climbed all the peaks between Bozeman and Yellowstone. Two hip and one knee replacements have slowed her down. I can only hope to be as active as I get older.

commented: Good for your mother :) +25

Never too old to ... ?
Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up.
-- George Burns

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.