Hi all,

I've come here to take advantage (and give back when I can) of the fantastic diversity of knowledge that seems to be here.

I have recently taken on a position with a small ISP. I have an A+ cert and about 10 years of hands on, on-my-own, experience, along with being a few credits shy of an assoc' degree.

My weakest area of knowledge is networking. So of course I go to work for an ISP right?

Actually having said that I'm not doing too badly. I have been able to aquire 5 formal compliments from customers who asked for a supervisor to praise my efforts after my phone interaction. This happened all in about 1 month.

But I need your help. I want to be the best at what I do. What am I talking about specifically? Here are some sample questions I get during the course of a day...

1. My husband's computer is connected to the same router I am. He is wired to it, I am wireless. It worked fine 'till about a week ago. Now my pages take forever to load. Sometimes they don't load at all and I get an "IE cannot display this webpage..."
I haven't changed anything on my computer. What is wrong?

I check their signal and a lot of times the signal is fine.(as witnessed by the fact that the hub can get on)

2. My Outlook keeps asking me for a password over and over again. I can't even control my computer.

These are not active questions, just a couple I could remember of the top of my head. Forgive any rambling please as it's way past my bedtime but I wanted to get this out first.

I'll submit some real ones as they come up. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you ping website like yahoo.com , if yes it could be because of spyware,adware, run some adware/spyware remover , there is one available for free at lavasoft.de .

Welcome!

Glad to have you with us!

Hi...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

welcome

Hello and Welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.