Hi Guys,

This is a very basic question (I assume anyway)

I have a working knowledge of Visual Basic and a little bit of C++. Basically, jack of all trades, master of none scenario.

What I would like is a bit of advice from those in the know if possible to avoid me potentially wasting hours (or maybe days or weeks) going down the wrong route.

I would like to know what people recommend in terms of programming language or software to develop a front end interface which will interface with a database which could be Access or an sql.

Basically, I want to develop (initially anyway) a program which predicts football outcomes based on a system I have. It needs to have the ability to import updates into to the database from file and provide a suitable front end usable interface.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>I would like to know what people recommend in terms of programming language
>or software to develop a front end interface which will interface with a database
>which could be Access or an sql.
I don't see why Visual Basic isn't a good enough solution for you (both front end and back end), especially if you already know it.

Ok, thanks, just wasn't sure if there was a more commonly used solution for this particular type of thing that was all.

Thanks for the input.

yeah stick with what you know Kryten! better the devil you know

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.