Hi, everybody.

I am looking for advice from veteran webmasters--those who have successfully made money on the Internet.

To me, it seems like the main ways to make money from a website are either an affiliate program or an AdSense account. However, I am becoming increasingly skeptical about making money from affiliate programs. I have joined affiliate programs, a couple that are related to my websites and promoting products that are of personal interest to me, and the promised commissions are okay--but no money has ever materialized. So far, I have avoided AdSense because I think it cheapens the look of a website. I have been content to be an affiliate member for products that fit nicely into the themes of my websites. However, I have lately been thinking that $1.00 a day, a few pennies at a time through AdSense, is better than the prospect of big commissions that never appear. Real money is better than wishful thinking.

So now I am wondering if the experiences of more experienced webmasters confirms my perception? Is an AdSense account the best option for webmasters trying to monetize their sites? Or should I wait longer and hope traffic on my site grows to the point my affiliate participation finally makes money? I mean, statistically, you’d think one day somebody will send a commission my way. . . . won’t they?!?!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jeffpaul

Adsense is the best option unless you are not a full time web master and you are ready to test various affiliate program every week and see what is working and what is not.

I had it on my old blog and was earning a little money, but only a few cents every couple of weeks. It takes a lot of hits and clicks to earn any real money using it. However, the more traffic that hits your site the more you'll earn!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.