how do you become a colleague here i have just noticed that some people have been given this fancy title. Also what rank is after guru techie.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I believe that being a 'colleague' is a special status and is only given to you if you know Dani (founder of TT) very well; as you can see, there is only about 10 or so people who have this special status.

Guru techie is the "rank" you keep after a certain number of posts. That is actually a "title", that can be changed by you, for instance, mine being "Cookie Moderator"-- I have to add in the Moderator part, but I added in the "Cookie" part. You can change this in the User CP, just like you can change your avatar. So, technically, the "rank" is whatever you've decided to title yourself.

As far as being a colleague, you have to either advertise on the site, or the "honorary" title is bestowed upon you arbitrarily, I think. Really, though, it doesn't afford you that much-- you get access to a special forum, where you can discuss things with other colleagues, the Mods, and Dani.

I just don't want you thinking there's some type of hierarchy we're trying to maintain here. Just feel welcome here, ask and answer questions, and be happy! :D

We are all equal :)

I understand that i am not saying that these colleagues are better than people it was just that i didn't know how ppl became colleagues. Where do you change the rank in your usercp though alc637 i can't find the place to do it are you sure that it is not just in the modcp.

Don't worry about it, heh

yeah im fine with guru techie anyway i just thought that it would bew cool to make ky title something ridiculous or to advertise my site with it.

I understand that i am not saying that these colleagues are better than people it was just that i didn't know how ppl became colleagues. Where do you change the rank in your usercp though alc637 i can't find the place to do it are you sure that it is not just in the modcp.

It's easy. Just go to "Control Panel" at the top, then click on "Edit Profile" on the left. There, you can enter in whatever kind of title you want, except for moderator, or admin, or something similar, as those are reserved. Change it to whatever you want, and then hit "Save Changes".

We are all equal :D

True, but we should all have equally snazzy titles :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.