Hi,

Flexibility and manageability are drawing more enterprise users to look at the technology of Desktop Virtualization. Their goal is to create a more dynamic and efficient hardware environment. At the same time, a growing number of software vendors are rolling out desktop-virtualization offerings.

In such a scenario, suggest a simple and instant installation available that can be used to manage entire lifecycle of virtual desktops making it easy to create, deliver, secure, update, and control the virtual desktop.

Any help, would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
T. Matthew

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Well, Matthew, the availability of such vendors today is pretty good. You must approach for a solution that combines the benefits of centralized management with the computing power and flexibility of the PC.

Best,
C.Amanda

I have heard about the technology called “Predictive Fetching” that helps virtual computers start faster and update quickly. This technology is even cost effective and tune faster with existing configurations. Which means you’ll be able to decrease user downtime and increase user satisfaction.

As I mentioned earlier also, there are many Virtual Desktop Solutions that eliminates the time-consuming and security-threatening hassles of IT management, thereby increasing user productivity and flexibility.

While browsing for some similar issues, I came across one Virtualization Company that has got the capability of managing multiple desktops and provide remote access solutions also. You may visit the website at:

<snipped>

I had also gone through the links mentioned in the thread above. I am happy whether it’s going to solve my issues or not, at least somebody is helped with this.

Well, as far as installation is concerned, mokafive is really proving good. I have seen their success stories, where from we can evaluate their products.

To practically experience their tools and technology, you can download their Express Solution initially, which is a completely free. Visit:

<snipped>

MokaFive is proving itself. Their unique format for creating virtual machines is called LivePC which updates dynamically, works from anywhere, and starts up in an instant. MokaFive centrally manages the entire lifecycle of users' virtual desktops making it easy to create, deliver, secure, update, and control the virtual desktop.

With MokaFive, you can test new applications without fear of damaging your system. In fact you could plan to expand to new areas as well.

Hi,

Flexibility and manageability are drawing more enterprise users to look at the technology of Desktop Virtualization. Their goal is to create a more dynamic and efficient hardware environment. At the same time, a growing number of software vendors are rolling out desktop-virtualization offerings.

In such a scenario, suggest a simple and instant installation available that can be used to manage entire lifecycle of virtual desktops making it easy to create, deliver, secure, update, and control the virtual desktop.

Any help, would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
T. Matthew

Hi

I use vmware with virtualcenter it is great; we have over 150 virtual desktops. There are others but it depends on the platform you are using.

The technology that MokaFive uses is compatible with multi-platforms. Its LivePC can be installed on a desktop, laptop or any portable storage device. And,that’s something no other solution in the market provides.

I've been playing around with Microsof VirtualPC 2007 intensely for the last 5 days, with a previous experiment many months ago.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it for use in a commercial venture, in a production environment.

Depends on your needs, why you need it. I can see a lot of applications, opportunities, and some risk.

Any recommendations would really depend on your application.

If you want virtual servers take a look at Open Source Software and XEN, but what I've read XEN looks to be difficult to set up. If this is going to be a commercial operation, you will probably need commercial products and vendor support.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.