- Open Terminal.
- type 'netconfig' (no quotes)
- if you are using a DHCP server, then just choose DHCP.
- if not (static), then fill in the ip address for your linux box, subnet mask.
- in the gateway, put the ip address of your Windows server (that shares the internet connection).
- save your settings.
- Once done, while in the Terminal, type ' service network restart'
I used the procedure using the "setup " utility earliar also but it wasn't a success
and this time also it wasn't a success story..
when i tried to ping the server after changing the settings it showed "destinationn host unreachable"
i checked the cables it was also alright.
can't understand where is the problem...
I don't have a router, my server is running on windows OS and i can't change that,
is there any way to configure linux machines...
Are you running DHCP? Do your Windows workstations use your server as the default gateway?
If so, try setting your Linux machines to use your Windows Servers as the default gateway and that server as the DHCP server.