Hi, any one getting some problem with Google Crawling ?
I have creating a site for my client, but that is not indexed by Google.
I have submit Sitemap, Submit URL but it still crawled for 1 month.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

just check
r u submit a robots.txt file in root directory that return search engine

commented: thanks for reply +2

Hello cakka,

I suggest that you sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. This will allow you to see crawl statistics, site errors, etc. You might have problem with Google crawling your site that you are not aware of, and the tools allow you to find out why.

Next, after you have checked your site statistics from Google, advertise the URL of the site on a couple of high-traffic, DoFollow websites. Daniweb would be one of them. Just put the link in your signature for a couple days and Google will rush off to crawl your site.

commented: Google Webmaster Tools is extremely useful. +1
commented: thanks for reply +2

Thanks all, i have Sign Up To Google WebMasters Tools some weeks ago and have re-check again today but i getting nothing error ini sitemap. And robots.txt have permitted search engine to crawling then. I am using Joomla CMS.

Please correct my thread :

I have submit Sitemap, Submit URL but it still not crawled for 1 month.

Thanks

Cakka,

have you submitted your websites to DMOZ (www.dmoz.org)?
If not, go to the website and category that suites your site best.
Click on the 'suggest url' link at the right-top of the screen.
Fill in a few fields an submit.

DMOZ is an open source directory many search engines rely on.
Worth the effort.

commented: thanks for your reply +2

Hi, i am not understand with DMOZ.
May you give me the step how to do that ?

Thanks

Hi Cakka

Go to www.dmoz.org. It looks like Yahoo did some time ago. Choose a category for your site (e.g. Business: Investing: Day Trading).
On the top right of yor screen, you should see 'suggest URL'. Click it and complete the form. Your site will be added. Lots of search engines use DMOZ listing to put sites in categories.

I hope the above is clear, if not. Don't hesitate asking.

J

Cakka

Have you checked Diagnositics > Content analysis in 'Google Webmaster tools'?

J

Isn't using sites as dmoz against the google terms of services? Because they state that you may not use websites just to put links of your site on it without added value...

On googles webmaster guide:

- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a website that competes with you. Another useful test is to ask, "Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn't exist?"
- Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.

So would it still be correct to use a website as dmoz? I'm asking this since I might want to use it myself as well.

Thanks for the help!

Jounik

I think you're right. You should avoid bad neighborhoods and useless link referring.

However, DMOZ is a good and respected neighborhood in the search engine community. It's an open source project to the benefit of the world wide web.

So, I would say. Use them...

Gr, J

Ok thnx J I will give it a try, and see what happens from there. I was hoping you would say that dmoz is a good neighborhood

I just read the next paragraph on dmoz.org:
"If your site has been accepted into the Open Directory, it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to several months for your site to be listed on partner sites which use the Open Directory data, such as AOL Search, Google, Netscape Search, Yahoo Search, and hundreds of other sites. We make updates of the data available weekly, but each partner has their own update schedule."

So if google uses it, it shouldn't be a problem ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.