I am connecting to the internet through a linksys wireless router. My laptop connects fine. My desktop pulls an IP address but will not display a webpage. The laptop is using a D-link usb connected wireless adapter. I my have deleted some things that I should not have. Any ideas?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by joshSCH

Well first of all. What type of cards are you using (i.e B, G, A, or N) and is your desktop wired or wireless?

hmm.. are you certain that the desktop is properly connecting to the network? As darrglud said, the NICs may need to be configured to properly work w/ the router.. Also, the dlink usb adapter is complere junk (I'm assuming its the 802.11 super g 108mbps?). I used the usb adapter msyelf, and was forced to repeatedly put it in the freezer to cool it down (huge Overheating problems). Ended up buying a pci wireles NIC instead..

I have heard Dlink is not good. I had the desktop on the internet before. It just started doing this yesterday. Thanks for your reply if there is anything else you can think of please let me know. I might just buy a linksys adapter.

Buying a Linksys might make life alot easier. I have no problems with my Dlink nic card in my old pentium 2, but for routers, I've heard they were junk.

If microsoft .net framework was deleted from my computer would it cause it not to pull up websites?

Um, how does that have anything to do with the current question? If you have your own question then make a new thread.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.