Hi everyone,
I am trying to make a web site feature that will display accurate movie theatre showtimes. The problem I am having is that I am not sure how I can get these times. I know sites like google and yahoo can look them up for my local theatres and tell me what time movies are playing at. Does anyone know how to retrieve that information? I was thinking there was something like an rss feed, but I have been unable to find anything googling it.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Nick

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think that you need google's permission for that.

If your taking info from other sites, you certainly have to ask for the permission from the webmaster / admin / owner.

Why make that kind of site, surely if you get it from google. People will just visit Google rather than your site.

In making a site, think of something unique and not something that someone else has already done ...

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

If your taking info from other sites, you certainly have to ask for the permission from the webmaster / admin / owner.

its a correct statement. however i donot agree with his other points. you could surely add em, but if are making your site only for thatthen its not good decision since thay would surely visit google rather than yours. so make your site unique features plus common features to make it complete

I am glad you agreed :D

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

i had written something that couldn't hurt you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.