Hi

I have been looking after my companies intranet and internet for 12mths now, and have managed to wrangle most of the everyday problems - through dedication and search functions on internet, even managed the most basic of web design courses (focussed mainly on CSS). I was employed as a document controller however most of my work that I seem to be doing is in the coding area which means i really need to learn.

What I would like is a kind superwhiz to explain the some of the terms as I get the middle part however when it comes to the setting up of sites and SQLs and Database ASP, it all become hazy and I lose it and go home. If I could understand the start of setting up a site on a sql? it would be great. I really hate acronyms and i am sure there are alot of people get answers to questions and do what i do (shrug shoulders and say speak english - it is mostly double dutch to me).

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

IIS = Microsoft Web Server
SQL = Database Engine
CSS = Web Template
ASP / PHP = Server Side Web Languages

moved to web devel board.

You can learn CSS,PHP,SQL,ASP from website like w3schools.com ,etc.

IIS = Microsoft Web Server
SQL = Database Engine
CSS = Web Template
ASP / PHP = Server Side Web Languages

moved to web devel board.

Little correction CSS is not exactly Web template,they are cascading style sheets. CSS are used as part of the templates for components properties formatting.

As ithelp said, www.w3schools.com is always good place to start learning about web related technologies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.