Whats this picture of? Is it wireless symbol or a a card reader?


Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

looks like a slot cover for a wireless card. just because it has the symbol doesnt mean your model nececerially features it though.

WiFi Wireless is usually: (( i )) imagine the i is a little antenna. What you have there is a contactless smart card reader. I actually interviewed with the company that was trying to make these mainstream in office environments with smart cards as employee ID's and time cards etc. It's not new, but it is a new application for laptops.

I have an E6500. This is where the fingerprint ID reader would be installed if you paid for that option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.