I was taking a class this week for A+ OS certification. We got to a section on setting up an e-mail account with outlook. A few people in the class said they never did that, so the instructor has us do a quick walkthrough on it.
We used actual pop3 and imap servers used by the local phone company. Then just had us a use our first name for the username and a password of password. The instructor figured everyone would get an invalid username/password when trying to connect to the mail server. Wrong. Oddly enough, one account actually worked and returned some 200 new messages.
On the other hand, it is distrubing to know people actually use "password" as a password