Businesses that make money by collecting and selling detailed records of private lives were once plainly described as "surveillance companies." Their rebranding as "social media" is the most successful deception since the Department of War became the Department of Defense
Edward Snowden 17 Mar 2018

This via Twitter which poses another question.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

• Isaac Asimov

Two People You Should Never Trust: A religious leader who tells you how to vote, and a politician who tells you how to pray.

• Unknown

Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love.

• Gandalf the Grey

Happiness is a delicate balance between "what I want & what I have" It is an inner joy that can be Sought & Caught but can never be Taught & Bought

-- Yushly

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.