as the title says these are general questions and DON'T NEED CODE. so don't bother asking.

1. at what point does memory start to play a factor in programs. I use float and double for everything. my programs are not hard and typically do easy math functions. Yet my teacher loses his mind saying I'm wasting memory space.

2. by seeding a srand based on the computer's clock i was told by someone that because the computer's clock is so fast it really doesn't do anything for you and you need to manually pause the program. is that true? Its possible this question doesn't make sense so don't answer if you can't translate my nonsense.

3. when you pass by value the function you call on must return a value...and it seems you actually need to write return "whatever" at the end. Yet for pass by reference that's not needed if you write the function right. why is that?

4. why are some of you on here so hostile to newbie programmers (if you can call us that) it's not a condusive learning environment. by the way...if you are that good maybe you should get paid to answer HW questions.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

2) The computer speed has nothing to do with srand(). srand() is used to see the random number generator so that it does not generate the same set of random numbers every time you run the program.

4) We are only a little peeved at newbies who want us to do their homework for them. Show us some effort and you will get all the help you want.

why did you move the thread? these were C++ questions

2) The computer speed has nothing to do with srand(). srand() is used to see the random number generator so that it does not generate the same set of random numbers every time you run the program.

4) We are only a little peeved at newbies who want us to do their homework for them. Show us some effort and you will get all the help you want.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.