Hey everyone!

I'm new, obviously. So a little about me...

Went to college for CIS, then didn't use my degree for anything...

Went into construction work, actually, for a couple of years.

Then traveled for a year, and have since then ended up back in the last place I thought, Ohio...

But I now am supposed to be doing IT stuff for a small business and find myself trying to remember all that stuff I was supposed to have learned in college. I say IT "stuff" because there is no designated area of duty here. I will likely end up doing everything as it is just myself. I am currently trying to establish a decent network with proper backups, get a working webpage, upgrade and trouble shoot all employees' computers, and also do everything again as they are starting a second smaller business within the current one. All while trying to learn how to become a system admin, web page admin and builder, create and update our current mess of an infrastructure, and make sure we're cutting costs while doing so.

So that's it in a nutshell. As you may have guessed by now, I might be needing a little bit of everyone's help from time to time. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. It seems like a nice place to spend some time.

If anyone can suggest any other IT techie websites that might be able to help, please feel free to do so.

Looking forward to making some new friends!

Welcome on the forum
nice to meet you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.