Hi folks,

I am tux4life, I'm not really new here anymore, but I was suggested to introduce myself (because I forgot to do so at the time I joined Daniweb).

Why am I here?
Well, I'm here because I like helping people in general.
I learned to know Daniweb via Google, and I came to here when I was struggling with a C++ program.
I got stuck on some code which I would call 'crap' now.
So I decided to look for a forum and just post down my code an ask my question.
I'm also here because I'm addicted to programming, and it seems like I've found the right place to discuss it here :)

What makes me stay here?
On my first thread I got a very quick reply (no Salem, I didn't forget you :P), the people here are friendly and have much patience.
I also just like the spirit of the community, it's fun to be here and I've already learned a lot.
And learning doesn't stop here, I continue to learn things every day when I check out the threads.

Another blurb of info about myself
At the age of 11 I just said against my mom: "I want to program."
(really, it was like that, I was inspired by the fact I would be able to write my own computer programs, to let me control the computer).
And yes... After a couple of weeks, my mom bought me a LOGO-like dialect language, it was some Dutch software called SuperLogo, it was accompanied by a manual which covered some parts of the language (with small projects).
I amused me a lot with it.
That was my very first programming experience.
Then, later on in my life (about a year later), I moved on to QBASIC, believe it or not, but I was still on a Windows 95 machine with 32MB RAM and a Pentium 100 MHz processor (and 1 damned MB of video memory :'() , so I skimmed off my Windows CD and found the QBASIC interpreter :)
I had luck: my dad could help me a bit to get me started (he still knew some bits of BASIC he had learned when he was studying at the high-school/university (can't remember that for sure)).
After that, I learned to know Visual Basic, it never really felt comfortable to me.
A couple of years later I learned to know C++, I found it quite difficult at that stage, and I was struggling much.
Then I decided to quit programming for a while...
And now....for the moment I'm addicted to programming C/C++.
I'm also trying to master the Java language, guess that will take me a while (but: having experience with C++ makes it at least a lot easier).
(Some side information: my dad bought me a book about it, he works in a software company where they use Java as programming language for their applications, of course I couldn't refuse to read the book, still reading though).

Where do I live?
I live in Belgium, East-Flanders, Zele.

How old am I?
For the moment I'm currently 16 years old. (I'm a legal Daniweb member according to the policy :))
(My birthday is unfortunately at the end of the year :P)

But I still want to know...
Well, ask what you want to know :)

yellowSnow commented: Thanks for the rep points. +1

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I didn't even know HTML when I was 16. Good job. :)

I'm trying to make a structure which describes me best, but it's kinda difficult, here's what I've got:

struct
{
    long legs;
    short arms;
    double eyes;
} tux4life;

:P

Hello tux4life! Post your c++ query in the c++ forum.Many are willing and eager to help you there!

Hello tux4life! Post your c++ query in the c++ forum.Many are willing and eager to help you there!

Heh, it was just intended as a kind of joke :)

Dude... Look at his rep and post-count :icon_wink:

@Tux:

Welcome to the wonderful world of DW, I hope you like your stay here :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of DW, I hope you like your stay here :D

Sure!! It became a new hobby of mine.

Hi, tux4life good luck ;)

OMG! Only 16!:icon_eek: Computers had not even been invented yet when I was your age -- I was more interested in girls.

Anyway -- glad you are here ;)

commented: True. +18
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.