Rockstar Games has released a game patch to counter the problemattic 'Hot Coffee' mod which landed them in hot water!

The version 1.01 patch not only corrects a few game bugs, it also adds display options to suit its use on HD display devices and completely disables the 'locked' offensive content which recently led to the game being banned from sale in many places about the globe.

I don't know about you, but to me that kinda sounds like the little boy with his finger in the dyke! There were millions of copies of the game sold, and most of them in games console versions rather than the PC version to which this patch applies. I hope Rockstar Games doesn't consider that this move 'fixes' the problem.

This whole thing is so ridiculous. GTA is a game where you steal cars, kill and evade police, and any number of other very violent things. With all these things, the game is rated M, as it should be.

But then it is revealed that the game contains nudity and people are so outraged they change the raiting to AO (nevermind that the difference in recommended age limit is 1 year). What kind of sick culture do we live in, where a woman's breast is scene as far worse than the dipiction of murder?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think even dipiction of murder in a video game is such a horrible thing, but if one is going to react so strongly to a fucking body part, he should most certainly react even more strongly to murder. Why are we so damn prude as a society? It is pathetic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.