GuyClapperton 12 Staff Writer

Yet another report suggests that marriages are splitting up and people are blaming the Internet or Cyberspace for their real-life troubles. There's an account on British newspaper the Guardian's website here, at the end of which there is a reasonably comprehensive listing of actual incidents reported in the press of this stuff happening.

Personally I'd love to see it go away. No, I don't mean marital split-up; of course I'd love to see that go away too, but it's not a realistic aim. No, I'd like to see an end to people drawing this illusory line between 'Cyberspace' and 'real life'.

I am, at the moment, typing. The site onto which I'm typing is in New York so I guess I'm working in Cyberspace, but do you know what? It's still me. Likewise if I go online and pretend to be someone else, misrepresenting myself for personal gain or something (which I never do, but as a for instance) then guess what - I'm being deceitful. It's not Cyberdeceit, it's real life deceit. It's still me.

Please, people. Can we stop pretending there are different rules when we're talking about Cyberspace? There. Just. Aren't.