I am of the opinion that social media marketing and building online communities is becoming the biggest factor in eMarketing campaigns. Eventually, I believe, it will become the prevalent activity in eMarketing campaigns followed by e-mail and then more traditional web activity (corporate sites, banner ads, etc).

Does anyone agree or disagree? Tell me, tell me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I agree with you 100%. There is active engaging participation in Social media marketing and online communities which allows marketers to further deepen their relationship with the consumer, unlike with the traditional web activity which mostly allows for a one way engagement.

I agree with you 100%. There is active engaging participation in Social media marketing and online communities which allows marketers to further deepen their relationship with the consumer, unlike with the traditional web activity which mostly allows for a one way engagement.

Sadly, some companies do not understand the concept of social media as a conversation. The marketing staff usually does but the sales staff sees it as another place to make a pitch. And this is the ongoing challenge for those of us who work in social media. Rather than ask if anyone else has experience I am going with the assumption that it is somewhat prevalent and ask what some other peoples experience have been with this.

I agree. Just looking at many of the twitter business profiles, these profiles are replete with self promoting url tweets and not much two or multiple way engagement. Where is the conversation here?

I agree. Just looking at many of the twitter business profiles, these profiles are replete with self promoting url tweets and not much two or multiple way engagement. Where is the conversation here?

The problem is that instead of the creative marketing people at these companies tweeting, which would allow them to manage the message and focus on leading potential clients to the point that the sales force takes over, it is the sales force that is tweeting and for most of them the sales pitch is the conversation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.