I'm suppose to have recieved 75$ to my paypal account like two weeks ago. I never looked at my account until yesterday. I know for a FACT that the money was paid, and paid to the right email address, but my paypal balance says 0.0$. It shows that there has never been any transactions ever for that account.

I didn't set up my bank account in paypal, and it says I'm unverified...Does this mean I have to set up my bank account information before I can recieve payments?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

The money should be in your Paypal account regardless if you are verified or not.

If there is proof that the money has been sent, and sent to the right account, what could be wrong?

I've contacted the company sending it, and they also say it should be in my account..I'm contacting paypal right now, but I don't know what they can do.

Did you get an email from Paypal stating money had been sent? If so - there is your proof. (What proof do you have if not that?)

Also make sure you are choosing history to show the last two weeks or so and not just the past seven days.

No, I never got an email from PayPal, and nothing shows up in the transactions. I made sure I set it to the past year.

I'm using Rent a coder, and it shows on their site that it's been payed to my paypal account, and customer service also said it. But it's not in there. What should I do from here? I'm getting really worried about this.

If you never received an email from Paypal - that means it never really hit your account. Once you get money, an email is dispatched to you to tell you you have money. Check with whoever sent you the money to verify the email address. (Ask them to copy & paste from Paypal into an email to you.)

Sorry I am not too familiar with Rent-A-Coder .. do they get the money from the person and then send it to you?

Yes, they get the money from the person and then send it to you. I'm contacting them, and telling them to cancel the payment they "sent", and resend it. If I don't get this money, I will be VERY VERY angry.

I do not blame you. Yes - it does seem something is very wrong on their end. Paypal sends that email out as soon as the money hits your account.

Ok, I found an email from rent a coder giving me a paypal confirmation number, and said I should be recieving an email from the soon...Is there somewhere on paypal that allows me to enter the confirmation #?

Ok, I got it worked out. One of the punks at RAC copied the email wrong.

Way to go, server_crash, persistence pays off...

:) Since you did not receive it, I figured it was the incorrect email. Glad it all worked out fine

Way to go, server_crash

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.