Hi all,

Is there a way I can delete or expire a cookie that's been left in the users browser cache with php ?

The reason I ask is, I'm setting up a paypal store, and if users already have a paypal cookie in their cache when they checkout from my site to paypal's site, paypal's checkout page looks different and more confusing for users that wish to pay with cc's.

Any ideas on how or if this is possible ?

Thanks in advance,
sm00nie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The user, of course, can delete their cookies anytime they want using the browser's tools. Web applications can only modify cookies on user computers that are within your same domain. So if your domain wrote the cookie, you can expire or change it. If the cookie is from somebody else's domain, you can not touch the cookie. You realize this is obviously a good thing!

I thought that was the case with foreign cookies. Paypal's cookie inclusion in the user's cache is erking my checkout process thow.. but I suppose that's why there are other merchant solutions out there, so you won't have to deal with that :P

Thanks for the input Troy :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.