I am using a Paypal shopping cart on one of my sites right now and was wondering if there was a way to move the <form>...</form> tags to an external file for the 'add to cart' button.

Also I am looking into a different shopping cart system, but I do not know any server side scripting. Does anyone have a recommendation and also how do I make my server secure for a shopping cart system? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you explain what you mean by "move to an external file"?

To make your site secure you have to have SSL certificate installed. You would probably be better off staying with PayPal to keep your costs down.

I mean like with css, you can link to an external css file, can this be done wtih the Paypal code, I think it's PHP but I don't know anything about server side yet...

Well... you could create your shopping page(s) with your items and paypal info on it and use ASP or PHP to do an "include" into specific pages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.