When you remember having milk delivered to the door by a milkman in a horse-drawn wagon [but it's not as long ago as you might think].

When you had a job delivering milk in a horse drawn float before high school
(it just seems as long ago as you might think)

I had a job delivering groceries for a small, local store. I doubt there are many small groceries left, let alone any that deliver.

One more: my parents say "ice box" and their grandkids say "refrigerator".

When you remember first-run epesodes of The Lone Ranger tv shows.

Scaring away the birds pecking holes in the aforementioned milk bottles.

You would rather go outdoors instead of being confined to a bed indoors bedridden

That really has nothing to do with getting old. I know young people who are bed ridden due to failing health or illness.

commented: Inquisitive, good and positive learning attitute. Continue learning +0

You would rather go outdoors instead of being confined to a bed indoors bedridden

What i mean is that, old people are confined indoors mean that they no longer have the strength to go outdoors and have activities, like hiking or trekking. There are still elderly people i know that are healthy and have no illness. You would rather go outdoors mean you are trying to prove to other people, you still have the stamina to go for marathon instead of being frail and stay indoors all day, of course i am not referring to you ancient dragon

Yes I know you wasn't referring to me. I'm not old.:) People's ability to do outdoor sports start to fail about age 30. Men are over the hill by that age, but women are just getting started.

You are old when you the doctor visit you often checking whether you are having your meals regularly and having a a proper diet.

You know you are old when you smile & shake your head after seeing kids post in the threads meant for relics... ;-)

You know you are old when your grandchild is getting married

You know, the lifespan of technology just gets shorter and shorter. I just witnessed an 18-year old trying to explain what a Game Boy was to a ten year old, who looked at the 18-year-old like he was from Mars. It was the weirdest thing and funny as hell. This 10-year-old giving the "get with the times man" look to an 18-year-old and the 18-year-old looking for a split second like life had passed him by.

Yes I know you wasn't referring to me.

Are you trying to be hip?

You know you are old when you are sill playing gameboy while other people are on daniweb or playing kinect

Are you trying to be hip?

Sorry, I don't know the meaning of that word, other than it's some part of my body. The slang use of that word went out of style some 40+ years ago.

"Getting a little action" means you don't need to take a laxative.

The little gray-haired lady you help across the street is your wife.

There's nothing left to learn the hard way.

When you don't care where your wife goes, just so you don't have to go along.

Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.

Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.
Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just
heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be
careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"

commented: LOL +0
commented: Nice +0

you know you are old when you begin to slow down, and can't do those things you did before. note: it's can't do and not don't like doing.

You know you are old when time doesn't stop for you and soon you are a white hair old man sitting in a rocking chair looking back at your yesteryears and your age may be over ninety but used too be seventy, Time flies and your hair changes colours over the years.

jingda,

You're as bad as royng in this thread. Jeez you guys are depressing. If you guys ever make it to old age, you're going to be so miserable...

When meeting someone, you get an idea of what kind of a person they are, instead of how they look.

When you see someone who has white hair in the park, you will run to them and say hi bro. Since both of you have white hair. LOL:D

I was expecting your answer to be more along the lines of "When you stop wearing nappies and suckling your mother's tit".

Good one frogboy77. I guess that young people have not much sense of humour compare to the old one. So you know you are old when you started joking about everything. Happy April Fools

... somebody writes:

I am a one month old Python programmer.

you dont listen to loud music anymore

you dont listen to loud music anymore

& when you have to listen to loud music

You try to smile at someone and in response he laughed back at you.

You have your grandchild thread your needle and then proceed to stitch the hem crooked.

.... You notice that your mobile has 1000 times the storage of your first computer... And 10 times your university mainframes!

.... You notice that your mobile has 1000 times the storage of your first computer... And 10 times your university mainframes!

Now that one is soooooo true :) The first computer I saw in my life was military in 1963. It occupied three whole floors of a 5 story building and had less memory than the computer I am now using, which sits on a desk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.