I have two old laptops that I would like to get rid of now, as I have no more use for them.

They're both Compaq Laptops, one is an Armada, the other is an Evo. They are pretty low spec, I'm talking Celeron processor and 56 MB RAM and Pentium III processor and 128 MB RAM respectively. They would be ideal for someone who is good at revamping old computers, using them as slave drives, or some other sort of guinea pig device.

I'd like to give them away for £75 each or £120 together. Payment would be via paypal. If you're interested or would like to make an offer PM me or reply on here.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hello
am highly interested in your item for sale but before i buy i will like ask you a few quetion about the item
1, how is the working condition of the item
2, what is the final asking price of the item
3,can you accept UScashier check or paypal as a mode of payment
4,can you allow my private shiping company to ship the item if you aggre with all this i will like you tosend me your contact information ok (NAME, ADDRESS,PHONE#) SO THAT I CAN ISSUE OUT THE PAYMENT TO YOU IN A TIMELY MAMNER OK
THANKS
Keith

Hey, could i buy one for 10 dollars?

Also, do they have windows 98, or sooner?

I assume you are in the States mate (cos you say 'dollars'). Well I am in the UK, and even if I sold one to you at that price, you would pay quite a bit more for shipping I imagine.

And to answer your question, the Pentium III/128MB RAM machine still has Windows 98 I believe.

How much would you estimate shipping to the US to be? Would they be worth paying the extra in shipping?

Try thinking for a change, how likely is this still for sale?
Original post 15th Aug 2008

Does he mention anywhere that it's sold?

It's alright Salem. To be honest the machines are just sat cushioned doing nothing. Just don't believe in binning some electrical applicances, or it would have been in the skip ages ago.

And to answer your question AC, postage to the US would cost upwards of £40. If you were only willing to pay $10 for a laptop then the answer is 'no, it's not worth it'.

I wasn't going to only offer $10 ;)

As their hardware configuration is very old , are you interested to sell both of them in $50

prices are a bit steep

you can get a 1ghz pIII /384mb ram laptop for £60 or under in very good condition off ebay

As their hardware configuration is very old , are you interested to sell both of them in $50

Do you mean pounds? I can't deal in dollars as I'm in the UK like you (apparently) are!

prices are a bit steep

you can get a 1ghz pIII /384mb ram laptop for £60 or under in very good condition off ebay

I've just had a look and I didn't see any for similar specs at that price, they were about £100.

But to be honest I don't mind selling the Evo for about £55, think that's a bargain-and-a-half if I'll be honest.

e.g

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ibm-thinkpad-X24-2662-256mb-30gb-P3-1-13ghz_W0QQitemZ250358590302QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Laptops_EH?hash=item250358590302&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Ah I seeeee. Yea that's a good one actually. Tho I haven't got XP on mine, I wouldn't do it anyways. And I've got more than double the amount of RAM.

Aaaaanyhooo, yea I'm selling it for cheaper, and nearest best offer for anyone else reading! lol

lol, $10.

You gotta love a trier.

I have two old laptops that I would like to get rid of now, as I have no more use for them.

They're both Compaq Laptops, one is an Armada, the other is an Evo. They are pretty low spec, I'm talking Celeron processor and 56 MB RAM and Pentium III processor and 128 MB RAM respectively. They would be ideal for someone who is good at revamping old computers, using them as slave drives, or some other sort of guinea pig device.

I'd like to give them away for £75 each or £120 together. Payment would be via paypal. If you're interested or would like to make an offer PM me or reply on here.

Cheers

Good day,
I was surfing through this site and saw the items for sale. Is there any that is available cos i would to get one for ma son in Inter-Study in Africa? If yes, let me know, or betterstill, reach me with this; kory.cheesbro@yahoo.com

commented: Posted nearly a year ago, have a guess as to whether they're still available. -6

Good day,
I was surfing through this site and saw the items for sale. Is there any that is available cos i would to get one for ma son in Inter-Study in Africa? If yes, let me know, or betterstill, reach me with this; kory.cheesbro@yahoo.com

No sorry mate, too far away, not worth it

No sorry mate, too far away, not worth it

How are you doing?
I was just browsing through the Classified site (Daniweb). I would like to buy your lovely item for my cousin whom was posted to West Africa on a training course on Environmental pollution. I want to know if this lovely item is till available for sales. I am willing to offer you $200 for the item, including shipping cost via USPS Express Mail to west Africa. Will be paying you through PayPal because it's the safest way to pay online. Hope to hear from you imminent.
Best Regards reply me at {kory.cheesbro@yahoo.com}
Hope to hear from you there soon.
Thanks.

yeah hardware configuration is bit old, i m there to buy with bit low price

m interested in a laptop for $10 only ..

I would go for it for about 10 to 12$ each

commented: Another pointless bump on a "for sale" from "15th Aug 2008" -4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.