...you played games which had no *save*. Dying typically meant more than a hour of repetitive grind. :)

I feel old because I appreciate more the classic songs than I did before. LoL

Has anyone mentioned the classics? Your friends are stating to look old, but not you. And

"May I help you __Sir__"

The kids behind the counter at the burger place give you the senior discount, without your asking for it.

The kids behind the counter at the burger place give you the senior discount, without your asking for it.

Ouch!

You know you are old when...

for teh first time in your life your wife wants more sex than you do

:(

for teh first time in your life your wife wants more sex than you do

:(

I am never getting that old. Never.

I don't know with that part. Wives are like that when they grow a lil older? LoL

I am never getting that old. Never.

I am not an expert on this subject, but I always thought that it takes two or more for real sex. You might be the only willing person in this scenario.

You had a Dial Phone? Trying to put operators out of work?

You remember when you picked up the phone and said "Sally, connect me to my dad at the bank please" -- party lines, saying goodnight to your girlfriend and 5 people hang up before you do.

if you remember when 'tea baggers' proudly named themselves tea-baggers

You remember getting up from the couch and turning a knob to change the TV Channel.

Or you remember never changing the channel because there was only one channel in your town.

Member Avatar for diafol

Morning Glory is a fading memory.

when u no longer remember the name of your kids.. ^_^

im turning 30. so yeah , i am old :P

You know what it means to 'shoot your cuffs'

Everybody knows that you shoot your cuffs before you slick your jelly roll.

hmmmm .... that does sound a little odd when you say it.

You know you are old when you remember when CD stores existed.

When you feel you can not do something.

If music is too loud - you are old, man.

If it doesn't bother you that music is too loud, because your hearing aids are turned off - you are old, man.

you have an 8 track player made by Lear(yes the aircraft co) because they were the only manufacture of 8 track players at the time. Later---

You can answer the question "What's a floppy disk".

you know that are two sizes of floppies

you know that are two sizes of floppies

There were 8" floppies too! (In all fairness I don't really remember them) I think the 5 1/4" were double sided by the era of the souped-up Apple IIe (but you still had to flip em).

commented: spam my ass. who told you im spamming here. watch out ill deal with your reputation. spamming is not my thing. cause i dont even know how to do it. knowing i am new here. +0
commented: loser +0
commented: why the hell do you keep on attacking people...get lost +0
commented: so| +0
commented: we defy gravity...and you are one of the gravity here... +0
commented: this aint funny +0
commented: dont care +0

I still have a punch, to cut the second read/write notch when flippling 5 1/4 inch floppies in an appleIIe

Damn, I am old

I still have a punch, to cut the second read/write notch when flipping 5 1/4 inch floppies in an appleIIe

Time to do some cleaning dude. Actually the 8 inch and 5 1/4 were called floppies. The 3.5 inch version was sometimes a floppy and sometimes not. I think Apple wanted to distance its hard case floppy from the others and emphasize the perceived superiority of their product so tried to create a separate product group for it. Today it would be the iFloppy. There were also 3 inch and at least one in the 2 inch category which were attempts to lock in people to one specific vendor. Today you'll have to contact almostbob to find one.

don't know what apple wanted but I never heard or read of the 3.5 being any thing but a 3.5 floppy to be read by a floppy drive,I never ran into 8 inch floppies guess at that time I was busy playing race car driver. Later---

For a while we(*) were calling them 'stiffies' but it never caught on.+

* very local

whenever i think abt my childhood days or i watch my kids playing, it took me back towards my childhood, and seeing them i think i am old person now.. and specially when other kids, frnds of my kids call me uncle how r u.. ? it make me think that em old

commented: Leave the "chat speak" at the door. Read the forum rules. +0

i am 26. At this age i am already experiencing mid age crisis.

I can definitely say that I am old when somebody says so. ehehehehehehe

commented: go away spammer +0
commented: i agree...we have been on that situation +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.