You know what it means to 'shoot your cuffs'

When you remember light being created :) lol

You're happy when the grandchildren come to visit----but happier when they leave.

You're happy when the grandchildren come to visit----but happier when they leave.

haha Excellent one mate! :)

You know what it means to 'shoot your cuffs'

I am old, but thank goodness for Google!

...you dance like this...

[youtube]RGPnPHrrZeA[/youtube]

when you cannot see clearly, and basically wear glasses in order to see things clearly.. I still see things clearly.....

When you remember Chinese restaurant menus had:
one from column A
two from column b
and this was number one on the charts just 20 years after the war - Sukiyaki

Sadness hides in the shadows of the stars/I look up when I walk so the tears wont fall....

You remember how you used to ride in a rumble seat outside the back of a car.

When you have reading glasses and magnifying glasses hidden all over the house to be able to read instructions on medicine.

When you don't remember where you put those reading or magnifying glasse.

Member Avatar for diafol

When you open a bedroom drawer and find 24 pair of spectacles in them.

When you open a bedroom drawer and find 24 pair of spectacles in them.

and all are from the last ten years. Later---

In pictures of friends and relatives, they are always sitting down.

Your arms arent long enough anymore, and you get your first reading glasses

When you remember what a record player is, and owned one that also came with a cassette player. And thought that was the best stereo ever.

When you used one of these.

ad that is known as a Edison Gramophone, It used cylinder records that were black and about the size of a toilet paper tube,you wound up the power spring with that side crank handle. I remember playing music on Uncle Lonnie's player when I was 7 or 8 years old.(be 60 on labor day) Later---

I dunno, I still feel old for having owned "It's a small world after all" in record format as a kid and remembering Lego as being a bunch of brick shaped interlocking blocks (none of this 'tubes' and 'spaceships' and 'pirate ships' crap they have today). Oh!! And the Voltron recalls due to lead paint finishes... back when kids toys were made of STEEL instead of plastic :twisted:

I dunno, I still feel old for having owned "It's a small world after all" in record format as a kid and remembering Lego as being a bunch of brick shaped interlocking blocks (none of this 'tubes' and 'spaceships' and 'pirate ships' crap they have today). Oh!! And the Voltron recalls due to lead paint finishes... back when kids toys were made of STEEL instead of plastic :twisted:

Or when the missiles on the toys actually fired instead of being glued in place. (the cat still hates me)

Just wanted to post the 200th reply, might be old, but still juvenile

Or when the missiles on the toys actually fired instead of being glued in place. (the cat still hates me)

Two words... "Lawn Darts" :twisted:

remember Mattel's cap gun rifle & pistol set that actually fired plastic bullets from a spring loaded cartridge. My younger sister still hates Mattel. Later---

Nerf just isn't the same type of fun either - and yeah, I remember Lawn Darts, definitely interesting how those "disappeared"

Two words... "Lawn Darts" :twisted:

Good times, good times: Removable parts? Suffocation risk? Lead paint? Pussy hazards compared to the granddaddy of them all. Lawn Darts, or "Jarts," as they were marketed, would never fly in our current ultra-paranoid, safety-helmeted, Dr. Phil toy culture. Lawn darts were massive weighted spears. You threw them. They stuck where they landed. If they happened to land in your skull, well, then you should have moved. During their brief (and generally awesome) reign in 1980s suburbia, Jarts racked up 6,700 injuries and four deaths.

Thanks! They were so kool!

commented: "Dr. Phil toy culture" : Well put! +0

you remember emptying out the water from the melted ice of your ice box (subsequently known as a refrigerator)

When Craker Jacks contained real toys that kids loved to trade.

im 28 but for me im too young..

When Craker Jacks contained real toys that kids loved to trade.

yeah! and the bleeping toy was always at the bottom of the box no matter which end you opened. Later---

yeah! and the bleeping toy was always at the bottom of the box no matter which end you opened. Later---

Not to mention once you got it you had more of the Cracker Jacks on your arm, the floor and everywhere else and never really did eat many of them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.