super annoyed by that friggen HostWay add up top? Whenever you move your mouse over it, it drops down and fills your entire screen. Hard to avoid not hitting it with the mouse =(. NEW AD PLEASE!

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

For $45 you can avoid that ad for a whole year!

super annoyed by that friggen HostWay add up top? Whenever you move your mouse over it, it drops down and fills your entire screen. Hard to avoid not hitting it with the mouse =(. NEW AD PLEASE!

If you have Firefox browser install Adblock Plus and enter hostway in filter pane reload page hstwy poof, gone. Later---

If you seriously want to report a misbehaving ad, post in the DaniWeb Community Feedback forum. If you're just complaining, I'm with you, man!

If you seriously want to report a misbehaving ad, post in the DaniWeb Community Feedback forum. If you're just complaining, I'm with you, man!

More fun to play whack-a-mole with ABP. I type in my magic spell and poof the ad disappears, sorta like tilting at windmills not much accomplished but fun. Later---

For $45 you can avoid that ad for a whole year!

Or $25 for 6 months :P

I would say that paying is better than ABP or NoScript. Makes you feel good :D Unlike ABP which makes me feel like I am stealing...

I would say that paying is better than ABP or NoScript. Makes you feel good :D Unlike ABP which makes me feel like I am stealing...

Tell you what you pay my $45 until job cranks back up to full time check. Then I will pay full freight. Anyhoo back in real life I'll make my self as useful as possible, because feel good doesn't pay for roof & family. Not grumping just stating facts. Later---

Tell you what you pay my $45 until job cranks back up to full time check. Then I will pay full freight. Anyhoo back in real life I'll make my self as useful as possible, because feel good doesn't pay for roof & family. Not grumping just stating facts. Later---

Yeah but for some of these guys in here, $45 is probably only a little over an hour of work. Hardly breaking the bank.

Yeah but for some of these guys in here, $45 is probably only a little over an hour of work. Hardly breaking the bank.

My hourly wage is about £9.50 (About $14) and after I have paid bills/rent/other commitments, I have about £80 a week to live on.

I definitely do not fall into the group you describe :P

Yeah that's the the way it goes. But back to that silly ad, come on a splash screen that obstructs menu controls? A little carried away with their selves aren't they. Later---

Yeah that's the the way it goes. But back to that silly ad, come on a splash screen that obstructs menu controls? A little carried away with their selves aren't they. Later---

Yes, if a company does that with their ads I generally avoid them (Th ads, as well as the company)

I don't want my browsing interrupted by those annoying flash pop-ups :P

My hourly wage is about £9.50 (About $14) and after I have paid bills/rent/other commitments, I have about £80 a week to live on.

I definitely do not fall into the group you describe :P

Will I would love to have $600 USD after bills are paid,but let's not squabble about personal life.so back to original subject? Later---

Will I would love to have $600 USD after bills are paid,but let's not squabble about personal life.so back to original subject? Later---

Why not talk about personal life? I never understood why just because it's online people think they can't say anything personal at all. There are limits, of course, but why would you care what anyone has to say if you know nothing about them? (This is more a random thought that you prompted than something directed at you.. lol)

Anyway, he didn't say what was included in his "600 USD" so he probably has to buy groceries with that, etc. And the original topic of this thread is pretty much toast. You shared your feelings on it, and most everyone agrees that the ad is intrusive - there isn't much more to talk about.

Has any one noticed there is a new ad in that spot, it doesn't jump out at you or get in the way. just gets job done. Later---

THe Hosts file part of every windows since 3.11
part of every MacOS
part of every linux os
part of every freeBSD os

and very seldom used,,,, DOH

a text file list of
127.0.0.1 uri
one item per line

no ads, no google adware, no trackers, no problems
vastly improved page load times
regularly updated with new threats and malware,, not aware that DaniWeb was ad supported

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

I'd been thinking of asking the question about the HW ad myself, just never got around to it.

Really bugs me as I use them, have two sites hosted there.

And after a brief respite, IT'S BAAAAACK!!

Dani has been informed about the problem. Ads are not allowed to roll down and fill the entire screen. (or at least that's what she told us a year or so back)

Or for about 2 cents an hour you can be ad free. That is if daniweb offered such a smaller price.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.