Hi people, i have a degree in computer science with two years working experience and am interested in Database administration (preferably oracle database), how can i achieve this and become a database administrator? should i take oracle certification or is there any alternative that would make me a pro in database?

please advice me on this.

Enos.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You need to practice more than going for a certification. Certification will definitely add weight your profile but for that you good working knowledge also.

The D.B.A. requires coursework and research beyond the masters degree that normally results in a dissertation or journal publication that contributes to business theory or practice.

You might try actually reading the thread before posting. Or is this an attempt at signature spam?

commented: Maybe;) +0

You can go for a certification course if you need to upgrade your CV but remember, Great powers, great responsibilities

In simple language DBA(database administrator ) is a person responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of an organization's database.

Go into a company as a 'newbie' ... and work your a** off and work your way up, 3/5 years of successful experience is better than a quick course!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.