Hi people, i have a degree in computer science with two years working experience and am interested in Database administration (preferably oracle database), how can i achieve this and become a database administrator? should i take oracle certification or is there any alternative that would make me a pro in database?

please advice me on this.

Enos.

Recommended Answers

You need to practice more than going for a certification. Certification will definitely add weight your profile but for that you good working knowledge also.

Jump to Post

The D.B.A. requires coursework and research beyond the masters degree that normally results in a dissertation or journal publication that contributes to business theory or practice.

You might try actually reading the thread before posting. Or is this an attempt at signature spam?

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

You need to practice more than going for a certification. Certification will definitely add weight your profile but for that you good working knowledge also.

The D.B.A. requires coursework and research beyond the masters degree that normally results in a dissertation or journal publication that contributes to business theory or practice.

You might try actually reading the thread before posting. Or is this an attempt at signature spam?

commented: Maybe;) +0

You can go for a certification course if you need to upgrade your CV but remember, Great powers, great responsibilities

In simple language DBA(database administrator ) is a person responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of an organization's database.

Go into a company as a 'newbie' ... and work your a** off and work your way up, 3/5 years of successful experience is better than a quick course!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.