Cast your ballots!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I vote for all of them because they all do a terrific job keeping out the spam and doing other moderator jobs that we normal people don't see. This poll is nothing more than a popularity contest, not one that tells who puts in the most effort doing mod duties. You should add SOS, Davy and Narue to the list because they also perform mod duties from time to time.

>> I vote for all of them because they all do a terrific job keeping out the spam and doing other moderator jobs that we normal people don't see.

Thanks man, it's nice to know some appreciated all the dirty work we do :)

>> I vote for all of them because they all do a terrific job keeping out the spam and doing other moderator jobs that we normal people don't see.

I actually share the same sentiment as you do. I created this thread to see which mod is more popular. I actually wanted to add sos, happygeek and narue but later not do so. Because they have rise beyond the rank of the mods. Namely supermoderators and admins.

Anyone know who will be the next super moderator after sos retire or any other mods inetrested in this position. I heard than Nick Evan was interested before. hehe

>> I heard than Nick Evan was interested before.

I'm always interested in getting M4d POwerZZ. J/k off-course, my current function takes more then enough time for now :)

Stick Salem on the list. He's not a mod, but deserves kudos for all that "no code tags" reporting.

On a side note, out of curiosity, what's the time commitment involved and more importantly, what's the breakdown? I.e. what percentage of your effort is spent banning spammers versus, say, monitoring God threads to make sure they don't get out of hand or other "moderating" issues relating to actual community members? I always suspected it was 90% deleting spammers, adding code tags, moving to appropriate forums, none of which we non-mods would ever have any idea which mod did what unless they left an "edited by" comment.

Once you've been a moderator (or a regular for that matter) for a while, you'll develop a six sense for threads that are likely to go rough. So in my case, I would think the banning/cleaning vs the "god threads" ratio is about 50/50.

To echo Ancient Dragon, why is Davey not on the list? I might favor blud for all the work he does behind the scenes as our systems administrator, not necessarily for his mod duties.

I reckon we should have an admin of the year vote between you, me and Julienne. Winner gets to delete all spam in the marketing forums for six months. PS. please don't vote for me! ;)

No need for a Super Mod of the year vote, Sanjay has a shoe-in for that one :)

When it comes to being mods, I think we're all losers. But our loss is Daniweb's gain. ;)

Winner gets to delete all spam in the marketing forums for six months.

That's easy, just delete all new posts every time you log in. :D

Winner of admin of the year get to take home the title of Super Administrator too!:D and delete all spam in the marketing forums for six months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.