Okay first of all I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this but...

I am currently 19 and I kinda took some wrong turns with my education so I either sit on my butt and do nothing for about one year or I'll find some work(for one year).

Since I do not feel qualified to work with the stuff I want to work with the idea of getting a job feels kind of "meh". I am in other words trying to convince myself if there's a way to educate myself at home for the upcoming months...

Anyway I am basically looking for suggestions on what to do. I want to work with something IT related but that's not very specific. I *think* I like the idea of "something network something" but I feel like I can't really be much more specific.

Like should I learn programming languages or focus on something else(such as what, learning how to handle servers or something?)?

So yeah, do you guys have any suggestions, tips or well... anything? :p

Thanks!

Might as well mention that the education I am applying for next year (if I had done things properly it would've been this year) is university level computer science.

Edit: I probably should've mention that I'm not just looking for something to waste time on. I'm out to learn stuff.

Edited by Checkerboz: n/a

Contributors
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by popin

I'd get a job if you sit around 'intending' to learn you'll likely end up doing less than you should, look for work in a computer shop or something u'l learn a little (as generally u get a few teckheads to every computer outlet) and you'll make a little money. (i don't know where you live (country only) but in Britain part-time employment has skyrocketed due to rescission and advantageous to the employer of employing part timers, that would give you time to study as well)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.