Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by server_crash

>Any recommendations?
A damp cloth doesn't work for you? Stop touching your screen or wash your hands more often. :rolleyes:

>Any recommendations?
A damp cloth doesn't work for you? Stop touching your screen or wash your hands more often. :rolleyes:

Uh, i dont touch the screen, It collects dust and what not. And i have heard that it can scratch it and/or the water can damage it ;)

>And i have heard that it can scratch it and/or the water can damage it
Rough cloths and excessive water could do damage. Use some common sense and you'll be fine. Of course, if you're just cleaning dust then canned air is ideal.

There are also special cleaning agents for LCD screens, might be hard to get outside office supply companies.
Sometimes companies selling accessoiries for PDAs have them.

I find that using Anti-static screen wipes are good, but leave a little residue, so use a Mouse Cleaning wipe to dry it off.

Hello,

I use a soft cloth, that is lightly damp too. Be sure not to dampen the cloth over the keyboard.

Christian

No, a damp cloth isn't such a good option. With certain flat screen monitors (especially the older models), you have to be careful of microscopic droplets of water getting caught under the screen. Damp cloths are fine for some screens, such as those for the iPod.

I bought some cleaning kit for my laptop a while back that came with like 4 things to clean with. It was fairly expensive for what you got, so if you find a better option using home equipment I would go with that.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.