Greetings.

My wife is constantly informing me that the company I work for should pay me way more than they are now.

I'm an IT administrator for an office of 47. I also oversee two branch offices, both with 3 people, both about an hour away.

I am the only IT staff for the three offices.

I manage everything: Active Directory, Oracle, Exchange, our VoIP phone system, Daily Backup Tapes, Printers, Fax machines, Typewriters (yes), Blackberries, Security system, and almost anything electrical.

I also prepare excel reports for certain meetings, set up multimedia for said meetings, and schedule these meetings.

I work 40 hours a week, with 2-3 hours of overtime once or twice a month.

I am on call pretty much 24/7 for the more important users and I have been called on a weekend before.

I get paid $37,440 a year. I checked salary.com and that's WAY below the regional median. I'm in southern California.

Do you think that I'm being underpaid?

Can't tell without listing your experience? If you feel you are worth more, ask for more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.