Yay! Guests can post now! Super excited for this because it really accounted for a lot of our posts in the old system. Really hoping it will bring our numbers back up to where they used to be.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Sweet! Keep up the good work, Dani. :)

I tried to post while logged out, it didn't work (using Chrome if that matters). I never seem to pass the "are you human" questions, which I think is wrong, unless I'm actually a robot.

Hmm, really? Does it give you an error message?

If I put nothing in the "are you human" boxes, it tells me that the fields are required.

If I put the answers in the boxes, it tell me nothing, doesn't post anything, and the questions change to something else, after which I can repeat indefinitely.

At all times, it tells me that I should fill in the boxes in the "Join Daniweb" section, but that defeats the purpose of posting as a guest, doesn't it?

Hmm ... try clearing your browser cache maybe? I can't reproduct this behavior, but it's making me nervous!

"Guest posting" means that guests can effectively sign-up at the same time as they post without it being a multi-step process ;)

Testing: Can you guest who this is?

I thought "guest posting" meant posting without signing up.

I thought "guest posting" meant posting without signing up.

With our spam issues, Mike?! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.