Yay! Guests can post now! Super excited for this because it really accounted for a lot of our posts in the old system. Really hoping it will bring our numbers back up to where they used to be.

Recommended Answers

Sweet! Keep up the good work, Dani. :)

Jump to Post

I tried to post while logged out, it didn't work (using Chrome if that matters). I never seem to pass the "are you human" questions, which I think is wrong, unless I'm actually a robot.

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

Sweet! Keep up the good work, Dani. :)

Thanks! Still tweaking it. :)

I tried to post while logged out, it didn't work (using Chrome if that matters). I never seem to pass the "are you human" questions, which I think is wrong, unless I'm actually a robot.

Hmm, really? Does it give you an error message?

If I put nothing in the "are you human" boxes, it tells me that the fields are required.

If I put the answers in the boxes, it tell me nothing, doesn't post anything, and the questions change to something else, after which I can repeat indefinitely.

At all times, it tells me that I should fill in the boxes in the "Join Daniweb" section, but that defeats the purpose of posting as a guest, doesn't it?

Hmm ... try clearing your browser cache maybe? I can't reproduct this behavior, but it's making me nervous!

"Guest posting" means that guests can effectively sign-up at the same time as they post without it being a multi-step process ;)

Testing: Can you guest who this is?

I thought "guest posting" meant posting without signing up.

I thought "guest posting" meant posting without signing up.

With our spam issues, Mike?! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.