Howdy folks,

Apologies for posting this a bit late than usual; normally I post this thread a few days before a new season starts so this technically isn't a preview, but oh well. Anyways, the chart showing the different anime which airs this season can be found at Neregate.

Unfortunately, this season looks a bit meh (but still better when compared to the upcoming Summer, but I digress). I have seen the first episode of pretty much all of them and the ones to look out for specifically IMO are:

Are you specifically looking out of any of these or would you rather wait for the 2nd season of "Katekyo Hitman Reborn" to start airing. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Finally getting the second season of Railgun. I felt that the second season of Index did nothing but set up Railgun to take over as the main show and I was a bit disappointed as Index had a lot of potential.

Just started watching Mirai Nikki (NSFW) and whilst I like the concept, I hate the main character. Seems to be a common theme in this style of anime where the main protagonist is a whiny little b.... It annoys the hell out of me :P

There is rumour of a third seasons of Bakemonogatari. Know anything about it? I'd look forward to that, although I think they've played out the entire cast in the second season. I think we need more of the back story behind the main character and how he became what he is.

Back on track, I'm cautiously optimistic about Shingeki no Kyojin. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail.

Finally getting the second season of Railgun. I felt that the second season of Index did nothing but set up Railgun to take over as the main show and I was a bit disappointed as Index had a lot of potential.

I think there is enough material in the ToAru LN to justify a third (or maybe even a fourth) season. I believe it will happen eventually, though if you ask when, your guess is as good as mine.

Just started watching Mirai Nikki (NSFW)

Mirai Nikki rightfully falls in the "psychological" category of anime along with others like "School Days", "Now and Then, Here and There", "Berserk" etc. I normally try to stay away from these shows as they make me a bit uncomfortable but in the end I can't resist the temptation and end up watching them anyway. ;)

There is rumour of a third seasons of Bakemonogatari. Know anything about it?

Monogatari - The series is slated to air in July as is a sequel to the Nisemonogatari series.

Back on track, I'm cautiously optimistic about Shingeki no Kyojin. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail.

Given the current anime scene in general and more specifically the "action" ones, I really won't mind another Fairy Tail, Bleach etc. More DBZ power-ups FTW!

Given the current anime scene in general and more specifically the "action" ones, I really won't mind another Fairy Tail, Bleach etc. More DBZ power-ups FTW!

ugh -.-

I don't mind the style of these Anime. What I mind is the 3 episodes of story, 12 episodes of filler, and 20 episodes of one fight where not very much happens :P

Get rid of the filler, reduce the fight content to 2 episodes (at most) and I would be happier ;)

I think there is enough material in the ToAru LN to justify a third (or maybe even a fourth) season. I believe it will happen eventually, though if you ask when, your guess is as good as mine.

Having enough material isn't the issue. The problem is divergence ;)

Monogatari - The series is slated to air in July as is a sequel to the Nisemonogatari series.

Also what I heard. Hopefully it will finish things off nicely :)

Mirai Nikki rightfully falls in the "psychological" category of anime along with others like "School Days", "Now and Then, Here and There", "Berserk" etc. I normally try to stay away from these shows as they make me a bit uncomfortable but in the end I can't resist the temptation and end up watching them anyway. ;)

Quite possibly my favourite genre. I also liked the first two seasons of 'Jigoku Shoujo' but the third was just repetition and bored me. The "* no Naku Koro ni" were pretty cool too. But I had them figured out by a quarter way through SS1. The VNs are pretty good, I recommend you try them :)

Unfortunately, this season looks a bit meh

That's what I thought when looking at the summaries, but I have 8 on the "3 episode" test right now, which is exceptional given that the last year or so I've only kept at most 3 on the line:

• Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
  • Hataraku Maou-sama
  • Photo Kano
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Suisei no Gargantia
  • Yuyushiki
  • Aiura
  • Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Also what I heard. Hopefully it will finish things off nicely :)

Assuming they will stay true to the LN's, this series won't end anything since there seems to be a follow up novel.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

For some reason I have mixed thoughts on this one. The genres for this anime are something which I do watch but the endless chatter somehow turns me off. I'll give this a shot.

Hataraku Maou-sama

This is one of the main highlights of this season which holds exceptional promise. Romance - check, comedy - check and fantasy - check. This is something which slipped my attention when writing the first post so I've added it now.

Photo Kano

Pretty much a fan-service series which almost non-existent story. I don't have high hopes for this one.

Suisei no Gargantia

First episode has got me and I believe a lot of folks hooked. If they can carry this through, this series will surely have an avg rating of around 8.

Yuyushiki
Aiura

Meh. ;)

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

For some reason, the MC of this anime reminds me of the MC of DxD. This series has the right amount of comedy, seriousness and fan-service. Another "holds good promise" series I would say.

Pretty much a fan-service series which almost non-existent story. I don't have high hopes for this one.

That's the lowest on my list of new series. I suspect that I'll drop it in short order, but you never know. You probably won't be surprised to hear that this series is based off of a dating sim of the same name. ;) Dating sim adaptations are hit or miss, but when they hit they hit big (thinking of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru as I type that, it's one of my favorite anime of all time).

Meh. ;)

:D

Another "holds good promise" series I would say.

This is another one based off of manga that I've read. It's a good enough read that as long as they don't stray too far from the source material it'll be a good one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.