I see fresh college grads all around running for a (/an almost) saturated software development field. Myself not being any exception to this either. But I'm kind of in a dilemma.
- I have invested around 12 months learning stuff like Java, databases and other cs stuff.
- but I got a job offer from a company that works in the networking domain.
many have told me that the professional environment varies with location , and I do believe enough logic to be in that statement , however I'm still making this post to ask a few questions, answer for which I would love to have from the professionals out there.
- Does the networking domain for freshers start from the support level? I've read a few blogs and threads which indicate that to be the norm.
- What opportunities for growth does this domain provide for freshers? How fast does it grow?
- Does the networking domain, in general pay as well as the software one? Like as in incentives, bonus, hikes and salary in general?
Some answers would help out a lot.