I can not access the database with Mysqli_connect(). I have all the correct information into the funciton but it wont let me. This is the syntack that I use

$link = mysqli_connect("hostname", "username", "password", "db_name");

I get this error

10-01 22:20:27.182: E/JSON(8700): <br />n<b>Warning</b>:  mysqli_connect() [<a href='function.mysqli-connect'>function.mysqli-connect</a>]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'username'@'%' to database 'db_name'

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This may not be the right question to ask you, but do you have mysql installed in your computer? Also, have you tried using single quotes? Has that made a difference?

Note: I am also a "newbie" learning mysql, so we technically are learning together ;)

Thanks for answering at least! lol but I am using a web host so I dont need it on my computer but I have not tried single quotes I can give it a whirl though.

Okay, so I am guessing you have tried out the single quotes by now? How did that go?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.