Hi

I'm a recent graduate and I've recently had an idea of building an online application, a text-editor, along the lines of stuff like Google Docs.

I'm not going to give out the unique features out here but I think this idea when implemented would allow students, and writers of any kind take better notes and help keep them decluttered.

The concern I have at the moment is I'm not sure if it's something that would be beneficial to other students. It could so be that this is something I think the world needs, but most others end up seeing no real need for it. Hence I need some volunteers who would be interested in checking out the first really simple prototype that I'm currently building. If you want to share your opinion, please get in touch in one way or another. I'd be happy to trade emails and get you involved in the process.

If you would like to get involved in the creation or launch side of this (should the idea get that far) then I'm open to people to collaborate with as well.

What do you say?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Given replies like that, this might just be the last time I use this forum to ask for something.

So yeah, I once tried to find a partner to work on a business with me on this forum before. What is your problem with that? Why do you feel the need to bring it up exactly without offering any help or anything of value that pertains to this thread?

I wasn't able to find anyone here so I wasn't able to collaborate with someone on this site. I worked on something else but that didn't quite work out, now I'm going to try this, then something else after that, then something else after that, then something after that regardless of success or failure. That's how entrepreneurship works. But if you want to pick out the things I've failed at in the past I think I've given you enough fuel here to have a field day.

I asked to get an idea of how you work with others. Your reply bristles rather than enters into a conversation about how it went and how far you got.

Don't take failures as a bad sign. All the programmers I know fail, fail, succeed, fail fail, succeed then repeat. I see that about the third paragraph you get down to business.

Here's the thing. There are now so many note takers, word processors and things that deal with words and pictures that you may want to push it out on the usual App Stores and run with it. If it's really innovative then you'll get a review somewhere or get in those top 10 lists.

Tell more.

Ok, I apologise if your intent was different. I've come across a lot of people in this forum who just offer sarcastic replies without being helpful, so I may have misinterpreted.

In this day and age, almost every single market is saturated, but there are better ways to do things. I have a set of features I'd like to build into this application. I believe these features would be useful for:
- Writers
- Students (or other category of people that take notes often)
- People looking to improve their writing
- Journalists looking to write better articles

I don't feel like mentioning all these features in a post, but if you'd like to give it a trial run when I'm finished with the first prototype I'd be happy to share with you more details through private message.

My apps out there are all custom jobs written to perform some specific task. So you won't find them in app stores but on production lines and technicians making service calls. Real boring to some stuff, but they did pay off.

One of the great features of such work is I didn't have to deal with end users too much. Changes and requests were beat up and codified before I saw a request for a new feature or change. And it was agreed long ago that changes were chargeable events. When you go for apps like what I think you are doing, it's a whole new ballgame. It's the slings and arrows of life such as Hamlet bemoaned about. You'll need a very thick skin and a layer of teflon.

I think folk would show interested or more replies if you shared what's setting your app apart from the croud.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.