I've read the thread on certifications, but none of them talk about how to go about getting the MCSA/MCSE after you've gotten your A+ and Network+.

Here's my thing:
I have my CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications passed.
I want to get a MCSA on Windows Server 2003.
I know that I can use the two CompTIA certs in lieu of one MCSA elective.

I don't know how to get credit for the CompTIA certs from Microsoft, and I don't know how to apply that credit so I don't have to repeat an MCSA elective.

Thank you for all your help

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by B1LLY

I've read the thread on certifications, but none of them talk about how to go about getting the MCSA/MCSE after you've gotten your A+ and Network+.

Here's my thing:
I have my CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications passed.
I want to get a MCSA on Windows Server 2003.
I know that I can use the two CompTIA certs in lieu of one MCSA elective.

I don't know how to get credit for the CompTIA certs from Microsoft, and I don't know how to apply that credit so I don't have to repeat an MCSA elective.

Thank you for all your help

Hey my friend you and me are in the same exact shoes even with the future MCSA goal. I logged on to the CompTia website after you get the paper work from passing the exams, you log in under your user name and password and there is a signup for you can use to foward you new certifications over to Microsoft you begin quest for the MCSA. If you simply log onto Microsoft I think it is preety straight foward the test you have to take to achive the new Certification. Thats how I have gotten all of my information. I self studies the A+ and N+ I am kind of worried about whats next in studing and preparing for the new certifications . It would be nice to breeze through the Microsoft Certs the same way without spending $1,000's to goto class's and labs.

I hope I helped you out some,
Chris

Hi,

Once you pass your first MCP lets say 70-270! you can register on the microsoft MCP site and log your A+ N+ Certs.

Next would be the server 03 exams there are two! 290-291

Do that and bingo! MCSA..

B1LLY.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.