Hi, once again I seek your invaluable help.
For some reason when I turn off computer and try to log onto windows xp. I get the lightblue disc checking screen then a darkblue physical memory dump screen. saying some software or hardware you have installed is causing the problem.
I have no recent hardware and the only software is Mozilla Firefox. Which I have uninstalled.
If I leave the computer and let it do its thing (after approx 6 attempts and 20 mins later it finally gets to the windows welcome screen).
Then I get a microsoft eror report... Which I send.
They give me an error report:- Q322205 this then directs me to how to re boot disc 308041.
I dont want to have to reload Windows.
Ive tried downloading microsofts automatic reboot. But after approx 30 mins watching the mechanical clock download icon. I gave up.
Im not sure if I need to reboot.
I also get a firewall warning about www.wer.microsoft.com saying the certificate for this site isnt recognised. It may be a site that can track all your personal info and add viruses and enter my banking accounts.
This site could be microsoft or it could be a scam.

Please Help

sabatas:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you only have firefox installed then you should either

1. Do a system restore (start>all programs>accessories>system tools>sytem restore) You will need to select a date when your pc was running well.
or
2. Reinstall windows fully, this is really a last option.

You may also want to run virus and adware and spyware checks.

The site you mention does not exist anymore.

:lol:

If you only have firefox installed then you should either

1. Do a system restore (start>all programs>accessories>system tools>sytem restore) You will need to select a date when your pc was running well.
or
2. Reinstall windows fully, this is really a last option.

You may also want to run virus and adware and spyware checks.

The site you mention does not exist anymore.

Many thanks roryt.
Did system restore and all is ok.
Nice to know WER. microsoft has gone.

Regards sabatas

Hello

I used to get that error message also. It is usually caused by an overloaded graphics card. To try to fix this, you can:
-visit www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/. Here you can get an updated driver if teh drivers on your computer are out of date.
-make sure you log off and not just switch users in Windows; sometimes this an lead to an overloaded graphics card
-conact the manufacturer of your computer.
-visit www.computerhope.com for more info.

Good luck,
pageof@cox.net

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.