I built this computer right after christmas and since i first put a fresh copy of XP on everytime i try to restart the computer without the XP disc in, it comes up with a boot disc failure and asks me to put in the disc, and if i do have the disc in from the beggining then it loads just fine. But if i shutdown the computer and turn it back on then when i insert the disc it loads up windows setup as if there was no partition on the drive. after this kept occuring i decided to try going into the windows recovery part during the initial set up and running the fixboot command which fixes the not booting up to windows with the system disc in but still gets the boot disc error. i just want the freakin thing gone! :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you tried going into the BIOS and setting it to boot from your HD and not the CD drive?

Have you tried going into the BIOS and setting it to boot from your HD and not the CD drive?

yes i currently have it on HD first and then CD and i have tried visa versa and the same thing continues.

set it to just the HD.

check the hard disk data cable

I built this computer right after christmas and since i first put a fresh copy of XP on everytime i try to restart the computer without the XP disc in, it comes up with a boot disc failure and asks me to put in the disc, and if i do have the disc in from the beggining then it loads just fine. But if i shutdown the computer and turn it back on then when i insert the disc it loads up windows setup as if there was no partition on the drive. after this kept occuring i decided to try going into the windows recovery part during the initial set up and running the fixboot command which fixes the not booting up to windows with the system disc in but still gets the boot disc error. i just want the freakin thing gone! :cry:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.