Ah ok, understood.

Thanks!

No problem, thanks for asking!

Anymore questions? I'm bored, if you can't tell. ;]

Same. Its 10 pm here and ive got nothing to do :(

Same. Its 10 pm here and ive got nothing to do :(

Wow. 10? It's only 5 here.

5pm?

Lol i arent usually back from college by then.

Maybe that explains why this forum never hots up for me until about 3am

5pm?

Lol i arent usually back from college by then.

Maybe that explains why this forum never hots up for me until about 3am

Lol, yeah that's probably why.

Grr college - it takes me like an hour to walk there :(
So i have to leave at like 7:30 and get back at like 5:30

lol.. dang.. do you have classes everyday?

My high school is very different from most.. we go to school monday-thurs from 8:40-4:35

Then on fridays we go to school from 8:40-12:35, but they are all 'fun' classes different from our mon-thurs schedule (cards, movies, board games, ping-pong, bowling..etc.)

Yeah at secondary school (11-16) it was 8:30 - 2:45 but at college its 9:00 to 4:15 ish - although on some days i may have a free period or two. Sixth form college here is a lot more like university than school.

ah ic

but yeah, i have classes nearly every day

i do biology, chemistry, computing and english lang/lit combined (and general studies too but thats a doss)

im gonna drop one of the sciences for next (my last) year.

lol.. dang.. do you have classes everyday?

My high school is very different from most.. we go to school monday-thurs from 8:40-4:35

Then on fridays we go to school from 8:40-12:35, but they are all 'fun' classes different from our mon-thurs schedule (cards, movies, board games, ping-pong, bowling..etc.)

Wow, that's so not fair lol.

Yeah at secondary school (11-16) it was 8:30 - 2:45 but at college its 9:00 to 4:15 ish - although on some days i may have a free period or two. Sixth form college here is a lot more like university than school.

11th grade to 16th grade? - how old are you when you get out of high school?

We dont really have grades here. I mean ages 11-16 You can leave secondary (high) school with qualifications at 16 and get a job/apprentiship or you can go to a 6th form college from college for 2/3 years, then maybe university.

Lots of my friends leftt school at 16.

I mean ages 11-16 You can leave secondary (high) school with qualifications at 16 and get a job/apprentiship or you can go to a 6th form college from college for 2/3 years, then maybe university.

Wow, that's interesting.

Hmm. A friend of mine is training as a plumber and when he qualifies he can make a fortune.

We dont really have grades here. I mean ages 11-16 You can leave secondary (high) school with qualifications at 16 and get a job/apprentiship or you can go to a 6th form college from college for 2/3 years, then maybe university.

Lots of my friends leftt school at 16.

yea.. the british are weird;) lol

I hope you guys are all aware of DaniWeb's IRC channel, it even has a built-in Java client, since no one seems to be interested in discussing the original topic anymore.

I hope you guys are all aware of DaniWeb's IRC channel, it even has a built-in Java client, since no one seems to be interested in discussing the original topic anymore.

That is true. =/

I'm interested.. I just think we have exhausted every debatable issue about the existence of a god.. But some1 should start it up again..

>But some1 should start it up again..
Or maybe someone should just close it.

>But some1 should start it up again..
Or maybe someone should just close it.

no, don't close it! I like this forum.. Even if there isn't much to discuss anymore, we spent many hours debating and thinking about it..

no, don't close it! I like this forum.. Even if there isn't much to discuss anymore, we spent many hours debating and thinking about it..

Yeah, we really did.

>we spent many hours debating and thinking about it..
That's the problem, if this thread had been closed after it went off-topic, it would have been a "clean" thread, something worth reading. Now there's so many off-topic posts it's hardly worth reading.

Look, we are discussing absolutely nothing. It's utterly pointless.

lol.. well what actually has a purpose?

If you read the beginning of it, you will see that we make some pretty good points.. Besides, who is actually going to take time to read any of this.. It's a very touchy subject, and even none of the admins decided to get involved.

Perhaps we should not post anything else until some1 wants to discuss religion again.

Agreed?

Okay, I'll continue this.

My teacher (nursing class) told me that she has only had 1 atheist that really went through with dying and didn't convert at the very last minute throughout her whole career. And she's been working in the healthcare field for around 30 years. She said that people who came in atheists, changed their mind right before they died, all of them... except that one.

Okay, I'll continue this.

My teacher (nursing class) told me that she has only had 1 atheist that really went through with dying and didn't convert at the very last minute throughout her whole career. And she's been working in the healthcare field for around 30 years. She said that people who came in atheists, changed their mind right before they died, all of them... except that one.

Well no kidding.. Why do you think so many people convert from atheism to Christianity later in life? Atheism offers no hope and no afterlife. This is not something that people believe lightly.. and after people see that their life is ending, they become very fearful (wouldn't you?) So they convert just in case..

Well no kidding.. Why do you think so many people convert from atheism to Christianity later in life? Atheism offers no hope and no afterlife. This is not something that people believe lightly.. and after people see that their life is ending, they become very fearful (wouldn't you?) So they convert just in case..

Yes, of course I would. But I was just saying, although atheism continues to grow, a lot of them convert in the end. Seems kinda pointless to me.

Yea =/

Well they all pus out in the end, when death is staring them in the eye.. I don't think any1 plans on it.. but fear is very powerful

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.