You're replying to a comment from more than 30 seconds ago; what does that say about you?

I strongly recommend that you do not tell people they should kill themselves. Or else someday, somebody might take your advice. And grow up.

I strongly recommend that you start making logical explanations for your irrelevant theory. =/

Rashakil Fol, I hope you read what I had to say about your post.. and please take my advise..

Are you seriously pleading for somebody to kill himself? What kind of human are you?

Well, I said it for a reason. And you're telling me to grow up? lmfao.. go re-read your post. lol

Are you seriously pleading for somebody to kill himself? What kind of human are you?

Well, I mean come on man. We were having a serious discussion here. A very intellectual one about life.. and then you come along and screw it up.. Thanks man

Its something that difficult to explain and even get your head around but i will try to explain using your stopwatch example.

Imagine you start your stopwatch to see if it will count up past 31 now from the moment you start the stop watch that point in time simply becomes a memory and there is no way of going back in order to prove that the moment ever existed so by the time that the stopwatch reaches 31 for all you know the universe could have come into existence when the stopwatch was at say 16 seconds and you merely have the memory of it existing before that

Dont know how well i explained that but i did my best

Yes, we know what he was saying.. But It's stupid. Even if something like that was true, It wouldn't matter b/c we wouldn't know. He makes no connection to this theory anywhere else, which is why it is completely ridiculous

i know i was explaining it to Duki

Well I just don't get it... oh well...

Yeah its really hard to explain but ones it clicks in your mind its quite trippy. Its probably easier if you have had some background in relativity

What I seem to have said doesn't have anything directly to do with Einstein's relativity. The similarity is in the following: His theory is based on the premise that the laws of physics are the same (in particular, the speed oflight) no matter what your velocity or position is. My theological relativity is just the irrefutable fact that the theological laws of the Universe are true no matter where you are or what datetime it is. The Universe is and always will be 30 seconds old.

And joshSCH, I'm glad to see that you've finally figured out "It wouldn't matter b/c we wouldn't know." Using the non-dumbass, nuanced mind you have, feel free to proceed to adopt the same stance towards discussion and argument about other religions and religious topics.

What I seem to have said doesn't have anything directly to do with Einstein's relativity. The similarity is in the following: His theory is based on the premise that the laws of physics are the same (in particular, the speed oflight) no matter what your velocity or position is. My theological relativity is just the irrefutable fact that the theological laws of the Universe are true no matter where you are or what datetime it is. The Universe is and always will be 30 seconds old.

And joshSCH, I'm glad to see that you've finally figured out "It wouldn't matter b/c we wouldn't know." Using the non-dumbass, nuanced mind you have, feel free to proceed to adopt the same stance towards discussion and argument about other religions and religious topics.

Lol.. at least he makes sense.

Einstein's theory of relativity has absolutely NOTHING to do with your theory of a 30 second old Universe. The speed of light, velocity, displacement, and the laws of physics also have absolutely NOTHING to do with a 30 second old universe. The simple fact that we would not know only means that your theory is completely irrelevant. It is incomprehensive to think the universe is only 30 seconds old, and unless you have some kind of reason for introducing this idea to us.. quit referring to it.

But, as the universe expands, it uses energy. Space is constantly cooling, and one day when most stars have become black stars and lost their energy... the temperature of the universe will approach absolute zero. They have recently done tests to see what happens at such low temperatures, and have discovered that the atoms come apart.. that’s about as much of it as I can comprehend lol:rolleyes: ..still got years of science to go be4 I understand most of it..

Why but? So the universe expanding uses energy. What of it? Once it gets to a universally defined maximum size, it starts contracting again and warms up. It does this until it reaches a universally defined minimum size, the starts expanding again. It never has to reach the point of destruction.

Yea, the multiverse theory does state that there could be many other universes. But it is no more true than any of the other ideas of the universe. But, we have not found any evidence of more than one universe yet..

Did you just say that the multiverse theory is false?

Why everyone claims our founding fathers were Christian is beyond me, most of them were anti-christian.

Actually, most of them were extremely Christian. Although Ben Franklin was an atheist. But even so he still led the Continental Congress in prayer. He knew the benefit of Christianity.

Forgiving sins with murder was a belief in Judaism, in the Old Testament. You had to sacrifice a spotless lamb in the temple to become sinless again. When Jesus came, He was known as the "spotless lamb" whose purpose was to seek and save the lost. That is why He was crucified, but many do not understand this.

I thought he was crucified because he finally pissed off Pilot. If He had said something, Pilot probably would have let Him go.

I really think that the world we live in these days is too polically correct. I think even if we were to ban everything that offended someone in some way or another then everything would get banned and even then i think someone would still find something offensive about that.

I would find that offensive. AAMOF, I find that whole politically correct crap offensive.

I find it very interesting that most people here were respecting other people and their beliefs for the most part, even though they disagreed. Then Rashakil explained his belief and promptly got called names and razzed for almost 2 hours, the most disrespect coming from an 18 year old who could not accept Rashakil belief as just his belief. Who are you to judge the idea? No wonder there's so much trouble in the world when someone can't have a belief that makes sense to him but not to others, and he has to endure the ire and persecution of someone in ignorance of the concept. Sounded like a religious zealot, didn't he? ;)

Einstein's theory of relativity has absolutely NOTHING to do with your theory of a 30 second old Universe. The speed of light, velocity, displacement, and the laws of physics also have absolutely NOTHING to do with a 30 second old universe. The simple fact that we would not know only means that your theory is completely irrelevant. It is incomprehensive to think the universe is only 30 seconds old, and unless you have some kind of reason for introducing this idea to us.. quit referring to it.

Back to the start of the thread. Can you prove the universe is not 30 seconds old? No.

Can I prove it is? No.

We just have to look at the OVERWHELMING evidence and make our own decision based on it. Same goes for evolution, gravity, global warming.

Just because Science hasn't yet answered some questions conclusively doesn't mean that god is the answer. Until Darwin and Mendel's work people thought that 'evolution' (or design) was god's work; now most (western) people realise that it is not the case.

This guy has the right idea.

Lol....I thought religious people would be more serious then that.

A position on life that I think most atheists would take would be to not beleive anything without proof. Therefore the 30 second universe theory is false. I could make up the same argument with the piece of pizza beside me that gives me super powers.

I get into this religious debate with many people and most of them say, at some point in the conversation, "can you prove that god does'nt exist?" Of course the answers no, I absolutely cannot prove that god does'nt exists. But since I do not believe in anything without proof, god obviously does not exist. Then usaully comes the retort that god/jesus has done miracles in the past. Can miracles exist? The answer of course, is no. If "god" showed me some miracles I would believe, but alas that hasn't happened ;).

Even though I am an atheist, god, in some sense, exists. Is the imaginary different from the real? Not if people treat the two the same. God and religion have shaped reality, history, and all people from all walks of life.
Even though god does'nt exist physically, he sure has killed alot of people. (which bears testimony of his strength.)

But many people will be disappointed to hear that eventually religion will die as will god. Look at the statistics, every year the number of atheist increases (and not propertional to the population growth).

I thought he was crucified because he finally pissed off Pilot. If He had said something, Pilot probably would have let Him go.

He didn't "piss off Pilot." He simply didn't answer to any questions. Pilate didn't even find any fault in Him. He brought out Barabbas, a murderer, and asked the crowd which one they wanted him to let go. The crowd of course asks for Barabbas. Pilate then proceeds to washing his hands. He told the people that he did not know why Jesus deserved to die, but he fell from the pressure of the crowd and let them crucify Him.

I find it very interesting that most people here were respecting other people and their beliefs for the most part, even though they disagreed. Then Rashakil explained his belief and promptly got called names and razzed for almost 2 hours, the most disrespect coming from an 18 year old who could not accept Rashakil belief as just his belief. Who are you to judge the idea? No wonder there's so much trouble in the world when someone can't have a belief that makes sense to him but not to others, and he has to endure the ire and persecution of someone in ignorance of the concept. Sounded like a religious zealot, didn't he? ;)

No, I just think it was the fact that he made no sense whatsoever.

I get into this religious debate with many people and most of them say, at some point in the conversation, "can you prove that god does'nt exist?" Of course the answers no, I absolutely cannot prove that god does'nt exists. But since I do not believe in anything without proof, god obviously does not exist. Then usaully comes the retort that god/jesus has done miracles in the past. Can miracles exist? The answer of course, is no. If "god" showed me some miracles I would believe, but alas that hasn't happened ;).

Maybe you haven't seen because you haven't believed.

But many people will be disappointed to hear that eventually religion will die as will god. Look at the statistics, every year the number of atheist increases (and not propertional to the population growth).

2.1 billion Christians in this world today.
1.3 billion Muslims.
1.1 billion Atheists, Agnostics, Nonreligious, Secular.
900 million Hindus.
394 million Chinese traditional religion.
376 million Buddhists.

I don't think so.....

But since I do not believe in anything without proof, god obviously does not exist. Then usaully comes the retort that god/jesus has done miracles in the past. Can miracles exist? The answer of course, is no. If "god" showed me some miracles I would believe, but alas that hasn't happened ;).

First of all, let's define miracle.
(from wikipedia) Miracle is a striking interposition of divine intervention by a God in the universe by which the ordinary course and operation of nature is overruled...
Key word here is "God". If you refuse to give Him credit for something that happens by denying His existence, how can you experience a miracle at all? For you, the miracle is something that you simply can't explain. Nothing more.
Maybe you are not open-minded.

1.3 billion Muslims.
900 million Hindus.
376 million Buddhists.

All I see here is:

2.1 billion people in this world today.
1.3 billion people.
1.1 billion people, people, people, people.
900 million people.
394 million people.
376 million people.

Maybe my set of values is wrong.

All I see here is:

2.1 billion people in this world today.
1.3 billion people.
1.1 billion people, people, people, people.
900 million people.
394 million people.
376 million people.

Maybe my set of values is wrong.

I was replying to Sturm when he said:

"many people will be disappointed to hear that eventually religion will die as will god. Look at the statistics, every year the number of atheist increases (and not propertional to the population growth)."

The numbers represent how many people believe in some sort of religion or for atheists, no religion at all. I was showing that more people believe in something rather than nothing.

I stand corrected.

I guess my point here is (not just to you) that, speaking from my experience, people are more alike than different. I, personally, resent any kind of segregation or generalization.

One more thing...ALL of the people believe in SOMETHING. If it is not religion, then it is science. If it is not science, then it is religion.
Most of the people believe in both.

I know, I was speaking of religion in that case....

Speaking of religion.... (and my poor sense of humor):

Does anyone here know what makes God laugh?

Lol what?

People's plans.

Ahh.. it took me a second... :)

1.3 billion Muslims.
900 million Hindus.
376 million Buddhists.

I don't think so.....

Did you read what I said? I said that the number of atheists GROW every year AND not PROPERTIONAL to the population growth.

Ok lets do the math in July 2006 there were 6,525,170,264 people on the Earth. Thats means that 16.858% of the people on earth are atheists, anti-theists, agnostics, etc. This is _ALOT_ more that say 25 years ago.

Key word here is "God". If you refuse to give Him credit for something that happens by denying His existence, how can you experience a miracle at all? For you, the miracle is something that you simply can't explain. Nothing more.

I have never seen anything that would be considered a miracle even by christians. Why doesn't my code compile, why does linux not boot, why does my sound not work, why did X just crash for no reason? Are these miracles? Because I cannot explain it, does it mean that its a miracle or a sign from god? No course not! But this is how other people think. Oh my cancer is cured, it must be a miracle because I am too ignorent to know otherwise. Does that make sense no. If a person in the medievel ages say an airplane, he
would probably think it a miracle. But is it? No.

I would suspect that the year is inversely related to the number of miracles people claim.

commented: wrong +0
commented: right +4

Did you read what I said? I said that the number of atheists GROW every year AND not PROPERTIONAL to the population growth.

Ok lets do the math in July 2006 there were 6,525,170,264 people on the Earth. Thats means that 16.858% of the people on earth are atheists, anti-theists, agnostics, etc. This is _ALOT_ more that say 25 years ago.

Uhh yes I did read what you said. You don't have to be so rude.
I was just showing that even tho you say the number of atheists are growing every year, it doesn't really matter because every other religion is growing at the same rate.

Um thats impossible. If atheism is growing NON PROPORTIONALLY to the population of the earth then all other religions would be DECREASING.

Um thats impossible. If atheism is growing NON PROPORTIONALLY to the population of the earth then all other religions would be DECREASING.

But they're NOT. Gosh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.