TNM 0 Newbie Poster

Over the past months, I've developed a set of web properties with content inventory balanced and distributed between the properties (websites and blogs). As I get a new advertiser, generate new material, add new links, etc., I consider the entire landscape of web properties into which the content should be pulled or pushed, based on what kind of content it is, the state or intent of the site, etc. So I'm managing an aggregate of content distribution, a composite web presence. Basically a few sites, mashups, slogs and blogs managed as one. What do I call this?

- Content Network? - perhaps, but it's not just about the content, it's also about the design, navigation and functionality - plus I've already considered "Family Content Network", and it just doesn't get into the whole mode/method of access and delivery element.

- Public Intranet? - well, Intranets are more for static content linking and accessing

- Web Presence? - yes, it is my "web presence", distributed over a variety of web property styles and content repositories - but this term doesn't really give one the sense of the infrastructure, the framework

- Web Network? - yeah, but I suppose my content feeds and material end up places other than the actual world wide web, plus this term seems to connote more of a "pipe" infrastructure perspective, and the shorthand "WebNet" is already in use.

How about SiteWeb? Basically a "web" (implying www, but not necessarily) of "sites" (i.e. destinations with unique information architecture and infrastructure). Terming the destinations "sites" implies the Internet and URL/URNs, includes blogs/slogs etc., and I think includes the target sites of my unique content, which I may not "own" but still need to exert some management influence over. The strands of the "web" are my own though capital, the taxonomy of content, RSS feeds and content management processes.

I'll claim "SiteWeb" for now - my budding example starts with the pseudo Web 2.0 site at www.dullessouthonline.com, and its related "slog/blog" at www.loudouncounty.blogspot.com.