What music do I like ? Well... -

I dont really like country music. I will occasionally listen to it when I have no choice (like when I'm in my brother-in-laws car and he is playing Garth Brooks).

I have several favourite bands and they range from AC/DC to Evanescence. Mind you that said, I don't like all songs by those bands, only the songs that appeal to me at the time.

Jeff Buckley is one of my all-time favourite solo singers. I prefer his version of Hallelujah to most of the versions I have heard. And I like "Everybody here wants you" from the album released after his death... Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk I think it's called.

Yeah I have like $4,500 that I earned from then like two weeks ago. Pwn.

what editor do you use i cant find a good one for anything but .wav

Yeah I have like $4,500 that I earned from then like two weeks ago. Pwn.

damn are you serious? Hell.. I could edit, that doesn't seem too hard..

I have Adobe Audition ($350 I think) as well as Audacity (free). I use those for music, but for video I tend to use QuickTime ($29.99 for PRO), or the one I wrote (in VB6 back in the day). For graphics I use Paint.NET 3 (free, getpaint.net).

That $4,500 is for their whole album, and one video. I still have yet to do their site or forum, which I get paid $90/hour for, and they take a long time, each to do, seeing as they want me to write their whole forum (I will be using Javascript, ASP, RoR, AJAX, as well as an SQL database) and their site in Flash.

Nice.. you actually paid money for those programs? Interesting..

Does anyone here record their own music? What software do ye (yeah, I said ye), use. I record all the time :) I use Cool Edit Pro. It's pretty good. I need to get a drum simulator. Anyone recommend one for me?

i do have a music mixing software, Cubasis, got it free with my PC!, don't really know how it works but it sounds good. i have tried to use it a couple of times, to varying success. but it is a gd program!

Garageband?

I don't own a Mac. I can't afford one.

And pray that you don't have to put up with one either :D

I can truthfully say that I have used a Mac ONCE for ONE minute exactly. My friend has a powerbook, and he said you can use it for ONE minute. He timed me. I got ONE minute. I never want a Mac after that minute... It froze in that short time.

I can truthfully say that I have used a Mac ONCE for ONE minute exactly. My friend has a powerbook, and he said you can use it for ONE minute. He timed me. I got ONE minute. I never want a Mac after that minute... It froze in that short time.

HAHAHA!! :D Man, I will have to copy that quote to my facebook or something lol..

Your friend let you use it for only a minute? Well thats not cool.. I guess he just wanted to save you from the agonizing pain

Check out my anti-mac rant on my blog here

Yea, I posted on there, remember? :cool:

haha.. he seems bitter.. but I agree with you, Microsoft is way better than apple

My dad got a new dell today. It has vista ;(. All i can say is that they have borrowed a lot from GNOME, KDE and OSX and it shows

oh heck ya.. When has Microsoft not 'borrowed' from other companies? The original graphical interface was also 'borrowed' (Apple stole it too btw)

But they always add their own spin to everything.. spice it up a little bit

I like Vista a lot. I have it, but it seems to have made all of my USB 2.0 ports into USB 1.0 ports... Hmmm...

You may need to install your chipset drivers

I agree.. is your vista version 64-bit? Check your manufacturer's website for the latest drivers..

It's 32, Home Premium. It just says "this device can perform faster" for one of my flashdrives, not my ipod or portable harddrive... Hmm...

probably an issue with the flashdrive then..

>> Cubasis

Not cubase (http://www.steinberg.net/24_1.html)? That's an expensive program. Garage band ... that sounds like an Apple product ... I think my brother has it ...

Garageband is a part of iLife (right?) for Macs. Cubase is horrible. I could only stand using it when I pirated it. If I had paid for it, I would have been very disappointed.

(I don't pirate any more, don't worry).

haha.. sure you don't.. me neither:twisted:

Yeah, okay. The last thing I pirated was Office Visio 2007. I'm sick of it. *edit* Pirating, I mean */edit*

Is it? Are you mixing up complicated to use and horrible, linux? A buddy of mine thinks Cooledit is horrible (it's excellent, want proof :)), just complicated to use.

I thought it was a mac program alright.

Visio any good?

>> Are you mixing up complicated to use and horrible, linux?

I don't get it?

Visio 2003 was good, so I thought I'd get 2007 after I bought Office 2007, and, yeah it's really good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.